Grip Heaters!

Mr. Anderson

Donating Member
Registered
Just got them in the mail(symtec with rocker switch) and installed them on the bike, wasn't to bad of an install(I are electrically inclined:D), and having a aircompressor making grip removal easy. took about an hour and an half. I quick checked them and they heated up quickly, within a minute. the true test will be tommorow on the ride in to work, it's supposed to be 31 degrees. will update tommorow, also with pics of what you can see also-not much after installed.

congrats!
lurk.gif

You will love them! Best $30 you can spend on a busa (IMHO). Heres a pic of mine installed. I put the fuse in front of the bar riser and fabbed up a switch plate to mount it to my brake reservoir.

(bigoltool @ Nov. 20 2006,23:08) oops

Why cant I post pics?
The pic is probably too large. You will get an error message telling you what's wrong. You have to look for it, it doesn't stand out on the screen.

well the ride to work this morning was a tempid 31 degrees. the heaters quickly warmed up and I definately felt the heat coming though my winter gloves as I rode along. my ride is about 1/2 hour to work and average about 60 mph. my hands stayed warm the whole time and my fingers were warm, but I could definately feel the cold air hitting the gloves, but the fingers did not get cold. I would definately recommend this mod for cold weather riders!

(Mr. Anderson @ Nov. 21 2006,06:19) well the ride to work this morning was a tempid 31 degrees.  the heaters quickly warmed up and I definately felt the heat coming though my winter gloves as I rode along.  my ride is about 1/2 hour to work and average about 60
mph. my hands stayed warm the whole time and my fingers were warm, but I could definately feel the cold air hitting the gloves, but the fingers did not get cold. I would definately recommend this mod for cold weather riders!

Thanks for sharing your input !!

Combined with a set of these babies and you're really good to go !
If you look hard enough a rainproof type can be found online.

123.jpg

webpage.

(Mr. Anderson @ Nov. 21 2006,07:03) something very similiar called "moose paws" their not as big but I cannot find a link to purchase a set:

the reference to them is a little past half way down the web page

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/RidingAccessories.html

mud_paws.jpg

I click on the hyperlink on that page but there is nothing there for them.
They probably need to updated their webpage.  I would suggest letting your fingers do the walking and give them a jingle.  
wink.gif

(BusaWhipped @ Nov. 21 2006,04:26)
(bigoltool @ Nov. 20 2006,23:08) oops

Why cant I post pics?
The pic is probably too large.  You will get an error message telling you what's wrong.  You have to look for it, it doesn't stand out on the screen.
Weird! I usually see a warning if the pic is too large. These just go through without the pic. No worries I dredged up an old post of when I first did the install here.

i've had the "hot grips" for a few years now and i love em'. best investment for cold weather riding.
beerchug.gif

Back