New grips

Heebbon

Registered
I bought some new chrome grips for my busa (2008) and tryed to put the throttle grip on and it is stuck, i have tryed to lube it and get it back off but it will not budge. I am thinking about getting ones with the throttle tube built in (SUZUKI HAYABUSA GRIPS BILLET POLISHED ALL YEARS G01PC: eBay Motors (item 110578019199 end time Oct-24-10 08:08:01 PDT)) are these difficult to install and will this solve my issue by taking the stock throttle tube off. I am also guessing i have to open up the box that the throttle lines run into to install these new grips?

If you have lube on it...try to wrap a rag around it and use some plyers to twist it some so the lube will get in there better. It should slide off... be careful not to break anything.

Yeah grips tubes replace the throttle side tube,but still need to get the clutch side off. Wasn't that hard to get off(for me). Just a little effort. Only thing to really be careful about is making sure you have the right size Phillip screwdriver to take off the bar ends. Don't want to ruin that head or it will be a nightmare to get off. Grip the bar end and twist in same direction while trying to unscrew the bolt. Will make it easier. Passenger side has 2-3 set screws in the grip. Keep eye on them. maybe even use some loc-tite on them. Last thing you need is for the grip to come off while riding.

Going for looks? Cause you losing the bar ends which help dampen vibration. Pretty much a must for gloves to. Can be slippery on hot days.

**PITECK are known for their cheapness in quality and fitting of their products. They have the cheapest stuff out there and for a reason.

BTW..... :welcome:

Last edited:
Alright, thanks man I am going for looks I will look into some higher quality grips. If you have any suggestions that would be cool. I am looking for some similar to the ones i linked.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah grips tubes replace the throttle side tube,but still need to get the clutch side off. Wasn't that hard to get off(for me). Just a little effort. Only thing to really be careful about is making sure you have the right size Phillip screwdriver to take off the bar ends. Don't want to ruin that head or it will be a nightmare to get off. Grip the bar end and twist in same direction while trying to unscrew the bolt. Will make it easier. Passenger side has 2-3 set screws in the grip. Keep eye on them. maybe even use some loc-tite on them. Last thing you need is for the grip to come off while riding.

Going for looks? Cause you losing the bar ends which help dampen vibration. Pretty much a must for gloves to. Can be slippery on hot days.

**PITECK are known for their cheapness in quality and fitting of their products. They have the cheapest stuff out there and for a reason.

BTW..... :welcome:

Where's the "passenger" side ?

Back