Greetings & Salutations! New Member and (soon to be) New Hayabusa Owner

HEM_DC

Registered
Hello All!

Let me start out by saying thank you to everyone here who continual post so much great information about this bike. I have been "creepin" for the last couple of days getting some great ideas as I start down the path of 'Busa ownership.

I'm in the DC area and recently found my most recent ride (2006 Triumph Daytona) backed over by one of my unobservant neighbors. Unfortunately it was totaled so after a brief ceremony of released doved I started the process of finding a new ride. Despite my recent bike I have been a fan of liter plus bikes for Sport Touring duties. I've owned a few (BMW K1200RS, BMW K1200S, BMW R1100S, Kawasaki ZXR-12) but have always, as most of you know, been fascinated with setting up a Busa for LD riding. So this seemed like a great opportunity to get back into the "big bike" gang!

Admittedly I didn't know much about the bike aside from the advertising so the crash course on this site has been very helpful. I'm looking for a late model Gen I (2006-2008) and would appreciate any help in what to ask prospective sellers, areas to look out for, etc, etc. I'm sure much has been written and discussed on the buying of used scoots so don't hesitate to throw out thoughts, experiences and threads that would be useful. OASN I no longer have a car so this will be a every day commuter as well as a LD weekend rider so keeping thing reliable is paramount.

Finally of course, if there is anyone in the area would definitely appreciate meeting, riding, etc one I'm up in running.

Thanks in advance for all of your help and insight.

Henry

Welcome to the oRg Henry. The busa makes a great long distance bike as you just need to set her up to your liking.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

Welcome aboard.!! Like you stated there is plenty of info here. I'm sure all the guys that do LD riding will be here soon giving you some advice.

Back