Great Ride Today...

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
An old friend and I took a ride in the mountains today. He has been working on this 1980 Honda CX500 Custom for a long time now, and this was its first voyage out of town. We also met some very cool visitors from India who really enjoyed checking out the bikes. It was about 30 degrees when we set out this morning, but the ride turned out to be well worth it.
:beerchug:

Monks-3.jpg

Monks.jpg

Monks-2.jpg

CX500 - I had one of those :laugh: - Thing ran forever and I gave it to a friend a few years ago.

Did you have trouble keeping up with him on the Busa?

:poke:

An old friend and I took a ride in the mountains today. He has been working on this 1980 Honda CX500 Custom for a long time now, and this was its first voyage out of town. We also met some very cool visitors from India who really enjoyed checking out the bikes. It was about 30 degrees when we set out this morning, but the ride turned out to be well worth it.
:beerchug:

I like the Hi-viz orange gear those guys are wearing. New trend perhaps?

Thanks for the comments, guys. :beerchug:

CX500 - I had one of those :laugh: - Thing ran forever and I gave it to a friend a few years ago.

Did you have trouble keeping up with him on the Busa?

:poke:

I wouldn't go quite far, but I was kind of surprised at how quick that thing is for a 30+ year-old 500.

I like the Hi-viz orange gear those guys are wearing. New trend perhaps?

Total squids... Check out those flip-flops! :laugh:

Your friend did a good job/resto. I had two friends that owned the same type of bikes back in the mid 80`s but both were a brown/gold color. The only shaft bike I have ever rode the thing kind of raised up when excellerating; I wonder if that is still present on more modern bikes ?...if so they can keep them.:laugh:

Back