Got vertigo.

newman

Registered
About four weeks ago I got out of bed and felt so dizzy and when walking my knees kept buckling from under me.
This was on a Monday.
Being a man I said to Lynne I'll see how it goes and if it doesn't get any better I'll go to the doctors.
One of my first thoughts were I couldn't ride a bike like this.
By Thursday I was just the same, but I had to go to London to see my son Adam, about a two hour drive in the car.
My Daughter drove us.

Got there and it was a horrible day raining and cold.
And there's me staggering all over the place like I was drunk.:laugh:

Went to see my son and on the way back to the car about a five minute walk I was worse.
Kept having to put my right leg out a bit to try and keep my balance and my knees were worse.
Lynne said I was walking like a Monkey.
Lets just say Lynne found it very amusing.:laugh:
And when Lynne told my daughter Tina about it she said you should have filmed it and we could all have a good laugh, ah bless her.

Next day I did go to the doctors had a check up and he said I had a virus which should go by itself.
Sent me for a blood test, ECG, and gave me some tablets.
The tablets sorted me out.
But I had two days where I went dizzy again, once when Lynne was going to wash the bike and lube the chain and I was going to go for a ride.:banghead:
And again when I was going to see my Mum on Mothers day.:banghead:

Got to stop taking the tablets and see what happens then make an appointment for the doctors again to get my results.
Hope it was just a virus and not something I've got to take another lot of tablets for.

This can happen on occasion. I had it and found out I had busted an ear drum some how. Eventually went away without treatment. Good Luck buddy !

Thanks.
I stopped taking the tablets today and so far I have been good.
So fingers crossed I might be alright now.

OMG I've had that and it was horrible!! :(

Another member here had it for a LONG time (reminds me, I need to check on him...been far too long). There are tons of causes and sometimes that's the hardest thing to figure out. I had to just wait my vertigo out; it took weeks :banghead:

I hope you're on the mend soon!!

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeplesss..... Where are thou??

Lots of info on Vertigo from Sleepless. He's dealt with tons of it. Come to mention it, I haven't seen him ANYWHERE lately. FB, org, nothing...

BigE have you seen him?

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeplesss..... Where are thou??

Lots of info on Vertigo from Sleepless. He's dealt with tons of it. Come to mention it, I haven't seen him ANYWHERE lately. FB, org, nothing...

BigE have you seen him?

He hasn't logged in since November :( I sent him a PM...hope he's OK.

Yeah, he's the one I was referring to. He's been through it, more than once...

My father goes through this. Sees to happen in the Spring and his Doc thinks it is tied to allergies. It is an inner ear thing and sometimes pressure from sinuses and fluids in the ear can have an affect. I worry about the dizziness hitting at the wrong time like when he is on a ladder at work.

My father goes through this. Sees to happen in the Spring and his Doc thinks it is tied to allergies. It is an inner ear thing and sometimes pressure from sinuses and fluids in the ear can have an affect. I worry about the dizziness hitting at the wrong time like when he is on a ladder at work.

That would be scary :( Does he start allergy meds now, knowing that might be the trigger?

Happed to me a couple of times each attack lasted about 3 to 4 hours on one of those attacks i still went to the gym that was a interesting work out to say the least :laugh: good to hear your ok :thumbsup:

Back