Got to 1/4 mile a new 14 twice.

nitro71455

Registered
At a TNT this week my buddy and I swapped bikes my 08 piped and tuned for his new 14 stock.
Our track is at 4350ft and I weigh 250 suited 6ft 3. I run consistent 10.2's @ 139 not strapped stretched it anything. This is with low 1.7s 60,s The ZX went 10.11 on my second pass with a 1.801 60ft @ 142mph

Clearly more power beast of a bike stock. Comfy and awesome breaks. Have to hand it to Kawi..

Nothing noteworthy or shocking here :laugh: Now go off and put a 1441 kit on your Busa and make a few passes. I guess a hundred cc's buys you ..... almost a tenth of a second in the quarter mile. Glad you had fun. Yes, we all know it's a nice ride. Congrats Kawi, it only took you twelve years to catch us :laugh:

Note worthy part was the back to back runs same rider same conditions. Didn't realize anyone had posted a comparable differance (real world) like this on here. Anyway not a huge differance. Infact, I still beat him pretty much every time :-). No need for the 1441 kit.

Thank you for the real world 1/4 mile numbers. Yes, the ZX14R is putting it to the ground. Embarssing as it is I have to turn the HP crown over to Kawi for 2012.

Nothing noteworthy or shocking here :laugh: Now go off and put a 1441 kit on your Busa and make a few passes. I guess a hundred cc's buys you ..... almost a tenth of a second in the quarter mile. Glad you had fun. Yes, we all know it's a nice ride. Congrats Kawi, it only took you twelve years to catch us :laugh:
Pretty good for a stock bike. I wonder what he would've run with the 14R if it was piped and tuned like the 08 Busa. Smokin ZX14 has run 8.4's @162 mph with his 2012 14R (on 89 pump gas). Of course, Lee is one of a kind and there probably won't be too many people running numbers like him.
I don't understand what you mean by saying it took Kaw 12 years to catch the Busa. The Gen 1 ZX-14 smoked the Gen 1 Busa and the Gen 2 Busa and the Gen 1 14 are very close in performance, usually depending on rider skills. I'm not knocking the Busa. A friend of mine has a Gen 2 and it's a real sharp bike. Just stating facts.

Note worthy part was the back to back runs same rider same conditions. Didn't realize anyone had posted a comparable differance (real world) like this on here. Anyway not a huge differance. Infact, I still beat him pretty much every time :-). No need for the 1441 kit.
You misunderstood me. We know that the new 14 is a nice ride.

Pretty good for a stock bike. I wonder what he would've run with the 14R if it was piped and tuned like the 08 Busa. Smokin ZX14 has run 8.4's @162 mph with his 2012 14R (on 89 pump gas). Of course, Lee is one of a kind and there probably won't be too many people running numbers like him.
I don't understand what you mean by saying it took Kaw 12 years to catch the Busa. The Gen 1 ZX-14 smoked the Gen 1 Busa and the Gen 2 Busa and the Gen 1 14 are very close in performance, usually depending on rider skills. I'm not knocking the Busa. A friend of mine has a Gen 2 and it's a real sharp bike. Just stating facts.

I happen to disagree with you on that one. What you call the Gen I 14 matched at best the 2001 to 2007 Busa. The new 14 is a Busa killer for sure. But hey lets give you Kawi guys two of thirteen and save the argument. :laugh:

Back