Got the new exhaust on -picts-

Mikey D

Registered
Posted a thread bout not wantin to get burned on buying a 2 bro's racing exhaust with Ti can from across the country from bikerdup. Mike (bikerdup) read the thread and told me he'd send me the goods & if I like it, I could send him the loot + $20 for shipping.

Turns out that the pipe was better than the picts & the shipping was $55 not $20. Mike said he'd still only charge me the $20 as originally stated.

What a hell of a nice guy!

Below is Suzi with the new pipe on er! Can you tell what's missing from this pict?

The story of my last 3 days and the wrie up of the pipe follows:

Busa_exhaust.JPG

The family unit & a son's friend went camping up at Bear Canyon lake for the weekend.  It was a (don't look VA!) Cub Scout campout.  We took my POS Ford (yes I'm sorry) RV up there for it's maiden (after rebuilding almost the entire fuel system!) voyage.  Long story short, we got stranded in Bear Canyon Lake for an extra day and had to be towed out Monday afternoon. (Ignition module took a shid.)  They sent a wrecker for our RV (Instead of a tilt bed truck) and it cost $440!  Lucky we have roadside from State Farm and they covered the tow.

If you were wondering bout the attraction of the AZ heat, this lake is 1-1/2 hours from my house.  Yes there are closer ones too.

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: "cause I can't spell"|1091076171 -->

IM001185a.JPG

My beloved took a pict of our POS and the wrecker for posterity.

Tad bit of overkill on the tow vehicle! That truck costs $200 an hour! I'm in the wrong business!

IM001215.JPG

Anyway, back to our story...

We got back Monday evening and the exhaust was waiting in the living room. Obviously after the ordeal I was in no condition to mount the pipe but I got a wild hair and went in the garage and had it on by midnight! It is definitely the right one! The only problem is it contacts the fairing on the bottom where it comes down and through and then back up. I figure the heat will make it clearance itself.

Tuesday was my wedding anniversary so I got the opportunity to ride it around while running errands (like to State Farm and to find an anniversary present!) and all I have to say is Holy Shid! This pipe definitely woke up the midrange of the Busa. And I don’t even have it mapped yet! Used to be that if you are WOT the front tire used to skim the ground through the first 3 gears… Now it lofts the front end at around 6500 rpm! And I mean LOFTS! As a bonus, my gas mileage went up about 3mpg. Plus it sounds awesome!

I plan on a PC something or other, getting a dyno run and a map made. My baseline stock is 162 HP and 100 ft/lbs. I'd like to see what it does before and after the map as compared to baseline. Also a K&N to see if it really does make a difference.

Yes, that is the new M1, freshly scrubbed in. Look ma, no chicken strips! (well OK, maybe 1/8")

Thanks again to Mike for his honesty and integrity and his willingness to take a risk on me.

Oh and BTW, I love the tucked in oval Ti can! What a he!! of a deal!

Busa_exhaust___2.JPG

Sounds great! Glad you like the new exhaust and as usual the board members are taking care of each other! Definitely part of what makes this board so nice! Like that pic of the lake. Seems very relaxing.

Lookin' good Mikey!! I can't wait to get out there and hear how that sounds...Oh and congrats on your anniversay!

Dan:;):

Looks good Mr. D, How's it sound?
It sounds awesome! Nice and throaty at idle, howls when yer on it, and it is comfortable to ride with, at freeway speeds, 4-4.5k rpm.

Love it even more today! Had to got to work w/ my son, told him to take his truck as I was riding the bike! (Yeah I know, I'm a shmuck!)

Looks good Mikey. Now I want to hear it. We're going to have to get together soon.

Looks good Mikey! Now, about that rear fender?!
tounge.gif

(pretending I didn't see anything about cub scouts or camping...)

Back