Got my custom map yesterday @ HPC

forceofnature

Registered
I took Greg up on the great dyno tuning deal for June and cleared up issues the bike had.

Before the custom map:
I had replaced the stock exhaust with Yosh TRS full system, did the air box mod, and marble mod to the pair system. After those modifications I had surging problems in the low RPM range (around 3500 rpm). I used a hindle map for the PC3r.

Got the bike home and took it out for a little run and it is much improved.

If I do the pair mod routing the vacuum hose to the crankcase will I need to remap?

Here is before look at the air/ fuel mix how hosed up it is down low.

Here is last run. Much better curves.

nice gains.

Routing the pair vacuum to the crankcase is called the "pair sucker mod" . Do some searching on it - as I understand it, it doesn't really help.

YMMV

Glad we were able to smooth out your throttle issues. Your power numbers are right on point and with a little tweaking we got you a couple of more ponies. Since we ran your bike fully warmed..there was some more before and after in there. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up..

Greg

Cleaned up nicely, looks like less than 7 HP for improvements. You dropped what; 2K.

Greg great job air/fuel and torque.

I'm not being critical just surprised. Most talk about 14+ HP with pipe and PCIII.

(dadofthree @ Jun. 25 2007,18:20) Cleaned up nicely, looks like less than 7 HP for improvements. You dropped what; 2K.

I'm not being critical just surprised. Most talk about 14+ HP with pipe and PCIII.
I think you are reading it wrong.  It looks like the first run was after the mods but before tuning so you are not seeing some of the HP gains.

And "TALK" is the key word in the rest. They TALK about 14+ HP.
wink.gif

(Professor @ Jun. 25 2007,19:30)
(dadofthree @ Jun. 25 2007,18:20) Cleaned up nicely, looks like less than 7 HP for improvements. You dropped what; 2K.

I think you are reading it wrong. It looks like the first run was after the mods but before tuning so you are not seeing some of the HP gains.

And "TALK" is the key word in the rest. They TALK about 14+ HP.
wink.gif
Thats right..

Correct...his bike was modded already before we saw it. It had a map loaded that was really screwed up. Cleaned it up and that was all.

(dadofthree @ Jun. 25 2007,16:20) Cleaned up nicely, looks like less than 7 HP for improvements. You dropped what; 2K.

Actually I didn't drop 2k at all. I think it was less than 1K. 450 for exhaust 250 for the PCIIIr and 185 for the custom map. I never bothered with block off plates and did the large marble mod with a big steel ball bearing my neighbor gave me. So all in all I did ok.

Dyno was after mods made. I did feel a difference. Not sure why mine is not over 160 hp but I think it feels fine for acceleration etc...

When I am ready for more power I will up for a Stage 1 turbo upgrade or 1397 kit. So far the bike is more than enough for my riding abilities.

You will need a full system for 160-162 numbers on our dyno..pending on the full system system. Not going to slam the company but we have had two Busa's in the last week custom mapped with slip-ons make more horsepower than a full system from a certain company. Just do your homework or go with someone who has........
super.gif

Greg... Just what Kim needs to here. "Oh honey but this full system will give me 5 hp!" It's like beating a rock with a twinky.

(forceofnature @ Jul. 09 2007,05:39) Greg... Just what Kim needs to here. "Oh honey but this full system will give me 5 hp!" It's like beating a rock with a twinky.
I've been debating mods to my bike since I bought it. On my first bike I threw a full 4 in 1 on for $150, I'm sure there out there, but I haven't seen any full systems for under 1K for the Busa and they go right on up beyond 2K.

I just like the sound of a 4 into 1.

What amazes me is that you put the full system on, PCIII, and tune and get very little for it in my opinion. Not trying to piss anyone off. It's your ride and it's your money. Enjoy.

And I think Greg gets as much out of one as any.

(dadofthree @ Jul. 09 2007,03:46)
(forceofnature @ Jul. 09 2007,05:39) Greg... Just what Kim needs to here.  "Oh honey but this full system will give me 5 hp!" It's like beating a rock with a twinky.
I've been debating mods to my bike since I bought it. On my first bike I threw a full 4 in 1 on for $150, I'm sure there out there, but I haven't seen any full systems for under 1K for the Busa and they go right on up beyond 2K.

I just like the sound of a 4 into 1.

What amazes me is that you put the full system on, PCIII, and tune and get very little for it in my opinion. Not trying to piss anyone off. It's your ride and it's your money. Enjoy.

And I think Greg gets as much out of one as any.
I think looking at a slip-ons package with high flow filter PCIII and a really good tune is not a bad idea. I use to think otherwise, would not be caught dead with slip-ons. Having my own dyno and hours to test and tune has changed my thinking. I think you just have to get the right combo and tune. Everyone always said if there where more 4 into 2 into 2 system's like the HMF's there would be more performance. But with 4 into 2 into 2, you get more weight....somebody needs to make a full Titanium system like that but it would be 1500+.

Back