Got my 1st Hayabusa! 2011 Black and Red

C6amar9O

Registered
Hello all, looking forward to gaining some much needed knowledge here. Like I said picked up my 1st Busa a couple days ago. Wow what a machine, got a question can I/should I run 110 octane fuel in it yet? only has 180 miles on it. Also I know book says wait till 500 miles for 1st oil change. Should I stick to that? thanks much

why would you want to put 110? and the oil change I think most dealers include the 1st one

unless you get cam2 or what ever fuel it is at the track... It sits and sits and sits till you pay 6.00+ a gallon for it

Did my 1st oil change at 50 miles then again at 500 but that is me.

Stock bike will not see any gains on 110 and actually may hurt performance.

tapatalked

:welcome: to the org, and congrats. on the new bike. I remember seeing a question asked regarding 110 octane fuel..hmm where ya from? The best we can get at the pump in the US is 92 or 93 octane for the Premium grade fuel. In regards to the other post I seen, the 110 octane was equal to our 92/93..I think???
IMO there is no harm in waiting `till 500 miles for that first oil change.
BTW, same color I chose! The fastest for sure:laugh:

I always have change the oil at the first 500 miles, I would stay away from 110 for now.

:welcome: to the oRg. I'd hold off on the track until the first oil change at 500 miles :laugh: Don't know if you'll get any gains from running 110

thanks everyone for your 2 cents,
save my $ and stick to 90ish octane, and wait till 500 miles for oil change. If I could afford it I'd probably change it sooner and later. Not planning on much for mods, maybe a nicer set of slip-on's. Premium fuel around here in Topeka, KS is around 91-92 I think. I can purchase "Race Fuel" 110 octane from a local fuel distributor for $6.75/gal...ouch. Since I'm new I'm in the "I Want the best" mode for my bike..lol
Tom

0908111241.jpg

downsized_0908111242.jpg

In that case anything at the station 90 and above. Around here I have 93. 87 and 89 are the other choices. Running anything more is a waste of money. Enjoy the ride.

more octane = less power you don't want race fuel unless you are tuned for it and need it to overcome timing and compression that cause detonation <but I'm only a rookie so what do i know>

Welcome to the org. Stick to 91-93 octane. Any more will cause your motor to ping with early detention. Have fun with your new toy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

People always seem to think octane is magic and gives your vehicle magic powers.

Octane is a measurement of resistance to ignition. You don't need higher octane than your engine needs. If your timing is advanced enough that you will get preignition/knock, then you may need it, but on a stock bike?

Welcome to the oRg. I think others have pretty much summed up the octance question. Your bike is designed to run its best on 91 octane. :welcome:

Congrats and welcome. May I recommend a MUST-DO mod for you (sooner than later): cut or NO-cut frame sliders (your choice), Pic below is a NO-CUT borrowed off the net

188129d1274228419-do-these-t-rex-frame-sliders-look-installed-correctly-sam_0571.jpg

Congrats and welcome. May I recommend a MUST-DO mod for you (sooner than later): cut or NO-cut frame sliders (your choice), Pic below is a NO-CUT borrowed off the net

I don't trust the no cuts to not bend and end up causing more damage to the bike by means of radiator damage. If the bike falls over, you have fairings to repaint. If it falls and the sliders bend, you have a bike that can't be ridden anywhere.

I don't trust the no cuts to not bend and end up causing more damage to the bike by means of radiator damage. If the bike falls over, you have fairings to repaint. If it falls and the sliders bend, you have a bike that can't be ridden anywhere.

Unfortunately, I had the chance to crash-test the NO-CUT and the bike did not suffer damages that you claim. I am not alone in this "experience" since there are a few who have also taken a spill with the T-Rex NO-CUT and none of them thus far reported the kind of "radiator damage" that many people claim from hearsay. I keep this pic handy, owner had zero rad damage
196052d1280351822-do-these-work-p7260131.jpg

No worries, I always read posts like yours who repeat the same "myth." Bottomline: any frame slider is BETTER than none (ask the many owners who've had driveway tip-overs...myself included)

Forgot who posted it: Why drill holes into a perfectly fine fairing to prevent it from getting scratched. Pic below shows what I am afraid of doing to my bike
223432d1308190108-new-plastics-img_8903.jpg

Back