Got her back from paint.....almost done now

TaxMan

Registered
Well, I just got her back from paint (again) and thought I would post up some pictures. Color is Dodge Minereal Grey Metallic (Dupont code PDM), and is actually a bit darker than it appears in the photos,It has been a bit of a trying time, had to send her back 4 times for them to fix runs, chips, and things stuck in the clear coat, and it's still not right, but tired of her being gone for weeks at a time.

So aside from paint, I have had to re-do all the work that I had done when I dropped her off, stuff like,re-run and bleed the new lines, re-install the fairings (still waiting on a few more washers and the like to come to finish that) and install the correct levers, thank you Tim, they arrived quickly and were exactly what I wanted (first tryed to order them through the guy that screwed every thing up, first time wrong color, second time wrong color, third time wrong color and length, said to hell with it and called Tim).

Will be replacing the stator cover this weekend if I can get the time.

It has been busy, came off 3 months on the road and went right to the hospital for my girl and spent a week there while they tried to figure out what was wrong with her, finally decided it was gall bladder and took it out, so spent the next week at home taking care of her, and now she and the boys have moved in and we are getting everything settled and sorted.

Anyway here it is...Oh yeah, I picked up a 250 for Jaz, that's her in the last picture, the Gen 1 in the background is Cbusa05's.

test 009.jpg

test 011.jpg

test 023.jpg

test 026.jpg

jaz.jpg

Last edited:
nice color. I'm getting mine sprayed this week. It's been hell not being able to ride in this good weather. Hope all goes well with wifey!

nice color. I'm getting mine sprayed this week. It's been hell not being able to ride in this good weather. Hope all goes well with wifey!

Thank you, I hope you have better luck with your painter than I did with mine!

And she's the gf, don't be givin her ideas! But the recovery is going well, she just got released from light duty so she can start to learn to ride that ninja. Biggest thing now is adapting to the new diet.

I'll get some more pictures up after I get the stator cover on and a better camera.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

As for decals, probably, still trying to decide if i want to go lighter or darker on those. I had orginally planned to have the kenjis airbrushed on a bit larger, but given the condition of the paint (lots of imperfections when you get up too close) I will be holding off on that.

Thanks guys!

As for decals, probably, still trying to decide if i want to go lighter or darker on those. I had orginally planned to have the kenjis airbrushed on a bit larger, but given the condition of the paint (lots of imperfections when you get up too close) I will be holding off on that.

Sorry to hear the paint work has been giving you fits. Nothing worse then having to take something back a bunch of times because they cant get it right the 1st time...or errr 2nd. Everyone knows nothing short of perfection will be accepted for our Busa's :laugh:

From the pics the bike looks great though, nice rich color and you have a sweet exhaust system. :thumbsup:

Tell 'em to get their azzes in gear and get her completed to your satisfaction. :rulez:

It's just me working on her now, but between taking care may girl, and her boys, plus all the unpacking from the move, just hard to find the time to turn the wrench.

As for the painter, well, when I get the chance I'll do a whole 'nother write up on that experience...

Color looks really nice.

I dont understand people that paint and know theres problems like runs and still try and give it back rather than fixing the problem, Yeah its more work but Damn your the one that messed up. Fix your Screw up, and make the customer who paid you money happy.

Color looks really nice.

I dont understand people that paint and know theres problems like runs and still try and give it back rather than fixing the problem, Yeah its more work but Damn your the one that messed up. Fix your Screw up, and make the customer who paid you money happy.

I paint for a hobby and I used to work at my brother's body shop some. I know with him, if he said we're painting on Friday, it got painted ready or not. I dont ever set a deadline, it get's painted when its time to paint

Oh and your bike looks good!!

Believe me the painter shouldn't have been rushed, when I dropped it off at the garage, I told him I was going to be out of town for 6-8 more weeks, so no rush, but I would like it ready when I get back, need paint, stator cover, lines, and some shorties, no problem he says. Well, 7 weeks later, 2 days after I got home he calls and says its ready.:cheerleader:

He just threw it together and said come and get it.

I look her over and the paint is terrible, front turn signal housings are mis aligned, the whole right side is crooked, and she's missing all kinds of scews, oins, washers, and bushings. Brake lines are run wrong, stator cover that will "look better than new" it absolute crap!

Take it back, "oh yeah, sorry, never worked on a Gen II before, but I just got a schematic and I'll get her right."

This is about the time that Jaz went to the ER, a week in the hospital, surgery and taking her home to nurse her back to her proper spunky self.

So two weeks later "all done, but the levers still aren't in...."

Paint is passable at this point, except for where it's been peeled away from not using the bushings, still missing screws, brakes still wrong... Ok leave it here, I'll go over her again and if anything is still missing we can work it out.

I go over the bike, tell him what still missing

About an hour later, I get a call from work, and out for about a week I go.

While out of town I get a call "levers are in, black and red!" "uh..:poke:.supposed to be black and blue, I'll take a look when I get back"

Well, I go by and check 'em out, and again wrong...long!?!

"Hi, Tim, yeah, I've been havin a hell of time with levers, can you get me a set of titanium and gold pazzo shorties and a stator cover for a '09 Busa?"

In the mail that night!

Thank you Tim, that was the only part of the whole job that did go right!

Last edited:
Back