Got a new Seat

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Got a great deal on a corbin. Man the corbin is heavy, pretty clear it is high quality over the gel seat. Sold the stock and gel seats. Feels really good on the arse too!

141001 Gel seat.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same seat. I tried the stock seat, a Suzuki gel seat and a Zero Gravity; hated them all. The Corbin is fantastic. I just did a few 14.5 hour days with no complaint.

New or used?

It will get more comfortable as time goes on.

Seat is new never used but I am the second owner - first on never used it thought it was too hard.

very nice...have only heard good things about them, especially among those who do long trips :beerchug:

I'm looking for a new seat for mine. Been trying to find some reviews on what seat to upgrade to? So far its been a gel seat from ebay or a saddlemen. Never seen a Corbin for sale. Where did you get them?

I JUST got my Corbin off of ebay about a couple weeks ago or so. Near new condition. Reserve wasn't met so I made an offer and there ya have it. I never hated my stock seat but I hated the way it was slick and didn't feel secure. For short distances there are some gel seats that felt more comfy at first but as I break in my corbin I literally don't even think about it. Hard to explain. You get so comfortable that you forget to make comparisons with your other seat to mentally justify your purchase all the while not realizing that the fact you no longer even have a second thought about your ass comfort is all the proof you need.

My handle bars on the other hand are my next attack. The padded foam grips hlped due to my large hands but I think some helis are going to be next on the list. I'm worried about being too upright on the bike since taking this thing on the freeway is already horrible as is with the wind coming off the Puig double bubble.

I recently bought a Saddleman Gel track channel seat. Like Fallen said about the Corbin it's heavy as he'll! :laugh: Can definitely see and feel the difference in quality. Got a ton of compliments on it and I'm still in the process of breaking it in. This seat is narrower and kinda makes you feel like your on a liter bike. Not built comfort seat but performance

Thanks guys. I was thinking the Saddleman seat on ebay was for more aggressive riding or track. I'm looking for comfort cause the stock seat is killing my arse. Pressure points make all day rides near unbearable on that stocker.

Well I have a few long rides on the corbin and the verdict is this is a very fine saddle. It I amazing all of the seating related issues just disappear with the Corbin. Last weekend I rode to Charlottesville and back (10 hours, fall colors amazing!) and I could have ridden on and on. Another great thing about the Corbin is it's not a big fat cushion, height feels very close to the Suzuki gel seal which I loved right up until I felt the Corbin. Only issues are that the Corbin is a bit fat in front so I actually get a little tired in the groin muscles when really twisting the miles away. I think the Corbin is a distance saddle but performs well when you need to move around. I also got the carbon fiber look leather and it's a bit slippery with my JR ballistic pants with textile fabric. Hopefully the new leathers will be less slick. Anyway very happy and amazed at the quality of this product. Now that I have one I can honestly say the price of this seat is cheap for the quality you get.

Back