GOP Debate

KFORCE1

Registered
Who's watching the Fox GOP debate on right now? Who is the most convincing in tonights round? I think both Gingrich and Santorum have had their good moments but not enough to slow down Romney's momentum. Ron Paul is out of touch with reality when it comes to foreign policy and defence against our enemies.

All of them had their moments.

I had to laugh at the "Romney Dodgeball" video regarding the Monday night debate.... :laugh:

[video]http://embed.5min.com/517248911/[/video]

I didn't watch it, but saw some of the memorable moments on Fox News this morning. I do like that Newt tells it like it is.

I hate politicians so much though; it's hard to watch any of 'em anymore...

While it's looking more and more like Romney will be it, I don't think Ron Paul is going to drop off at all. Newt is too abrasive and baggage-heavy, and the remaining two christian taliban are (and always have been) irrelevant.

The social conservatives among the GOP really do not like Romney one bit, but they know that among the remaining candidates, Mittens is the only one left that has any prayer against Obama.

As an Independent, I have sorta lost interest in anything the GOP does now that Huntsman dropped out. I was considering him pretty hard, as he is truly the only non-insane candidate they had, since Day 1. I still sorta like Paul, but damnation, he is just whacked out in some crucial areas. Yet, I am pissed - very pissed - at Obama for failing to veto NDAA, and for some campaigns promises he has reneged on.

Still got a solid 10 months before the election... a lot can happen.

No but I did issue a citation this morning to a truck carrying the audio equipment for the GOP debate in Charleston SC on the 19th

:laugh:

104632_600.jpg

I'm not a Mitt fan...not sure what it is, but I'm just not a fan...if the media has their way, he'll be the nominee :banghead:

I'd vote for Arnold the pig over Obama...

Edit: I mean Arnold, the Conservative Pig...

I'm not a Mitt fan...not sure what it is, but I'm just not a fan...if the media has their way, he'll be the nominee :banghead:

It's the flip flops over the years. Its the 'Who is the real Mitt?'. Many people including I are just not sure. Is he for real or is he just playing politricks as usual? Dodging that tax return issue didn't work out well for him. That would hurt in a general debate.

Frankly, IMO the other side is wishing for Mitt to be the nominee. Forget all the pundits and talking heads saying he is O's biggest threat. He is not! They are only doing that to buoy him up while setting him up for a brutal attack in the general. O does not want to be matched up against a real down to the bone conservative who can articulate the conservative message and also excite the base. Remember Nov 2010?!! They know it can happen again in 2012. Conservatives are still a majority in America today according to Gallup. The rest can be convinced of truth if someone talks real a la Reagan. That's what the right candidate will do. Economy is tops but social issues still matter to many.

Right now though anybody except perhaps RP can do well against the machine. What do they have? Can't run on record so its class warfare and misinformation. Huntsman was always out. He never stood a chance. Even Harry Reid endorsed him :D

It's the flip flops over the years. Its the 'Who is the real Mitt?'. Many people including I are just not sure. Is he for real or is he just playing politricks as usual? Dodging that tax return issue didn't work out well for him. That would hurt in a general debate.

Frankly, IMO the other side is wishing for Mitt to be the nominee. Forget all the pundits and talking heads saying he is O's biggest threat. He is not! They are only doing that to buoy him up while setting him up for a brutal attack in the general. O does not want to be matched up against a real down to the bone conservative who can articulate the conservative message and also excite the base. Remember Nov 2010?!! They know it can happen again in 2012. Conservatives are still a majority in America today according to Gallup. The rest can be convinced of truth if someone talks real a la Reagan. That's what the right candidate will do. Economy is tops but social issues still matter to many.

Right now though anybody except perhaps RP can do well against the machine. What do they have? Can't run on record so its class warfare and misinformation. Huntsman was always out. He never stood a chance. Even Harry Reid endorsed him :D

The liberal media is trying to convince us Mitt will give O a run. That's because they know he won't and want more O for four more. When it comes time for whoever to opposes Obama on the stage for debate they better be ready. Obama will have the best most eloquent speeches and responses you can imagine. Mitt cannot win by standing there smiling and denying. He is a flip flopper. As gov he was very anti gun and now he's a republican candidate? Get real. Like Spectre he's just pandering to a side he hopes will give him a victory. We have a better chance of more extrem gun laws passed by a Pres Romney than Obama.

He supported and voted for the Brady Bill and Assault Weapon ban. Both these laws were allowed to expire because Congress realized thru doj records and proof they did zero to effect crime overall. He will never get my vote.

The reasons Dems want him to get the nomination is because of cost savings. They will save millions because they don't have to spend money on attack adds, all they have to do is reuse the stuff put out by the other Republicans.

I fear you may be right, and we'll be stuck with another four years of lunacy.

Newt is the one that I would LOVE to watch debate Bammie. No teleprompter. Let Bammie stand on his record.

I have several problems with these types of hatchet videos

1) If you take short clips out of context, you can make anyone a flip flopper. If you pay close attention to some of the "flops" they were different positions because they were put into the context of being different by the video editor. The ones done on Obama are worse than this one.

2) Some of the flips are from clips taken years appart. This implies once someone has an opinion on something, they are no longer supposed to keep learning and forming new opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back