google earth

chev982

Registered
anyone heard or try google earth? its pretty cool, satelite pictures of the earth. u can type your address in and it zooms u to your house. residential areas arent all that clear, but go to copper mtn, Colorado and u see all the roads, mtns lakes and streams!! its really quite a neat program,
heres a link to download

http://earth.google.com

I loaded it on my work PC...it's pretty neat, but most rural areas are very blurry...I'm sure the bigger structures/landmarks are more visible...

It's pretty cool software though...
cool.gif

Just to show you that I live at the end of the world, RIGHT ON the Chesapeak Bay...water, water all around...

cool.gif

home.jpg

It is pretty cool, but there are flaws and problems. some of the higher resolution areas, the pictures aren't seemed together very well, and when I put my address in it put the location and zoom in about 6 houses away from mine, and the satilite photo is about 3-4 years old.

It is pretty cool, but there are flaws and problems.  some of the higher resolution areas, the pictures aren't seemed together very well, and when I put my address in it put the location and zoom in about 6 houses away from mine, and the satilite photo is about 3-4 years old.
That's how it is with area. The development across the street shows the golf course being all dirt and now homes yet. I have to think the photo is about 8-9 years old!

you can get there from maps.google.com do a normal map, then on the right side click satellite.

it is off a couple houses for me too, but you can see the dragstrip a mile away from my house.....
smile.gif

Pretty cool...my old neighborhool/house in CO...

I moved from there when I was 9...a lifetime ago...
blush.gif

COaddress.jpg

Google Earth is awsome!  I noticed they don't have the high res imagery loaded for alot of the East Coast.  Here is a picture of St. Louis Missouri. I had to shrink it to get under the UL limit.

StLouis_small.jpg

Great...no version for Macs.... guess I'll have to wait...pfft...

Do they have maps for other countries as well?

Back