Going to the mountains - crestline, ca

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
I am new to this so please be kind.
I am thinking of going to Lake Gregory in Crestline this Saturday.
Has anyone riden the twisties on Hwy 18?
Just wondering if there any anomalies I need to be aware of.
thank you in advance.
I will try to post a pic here but I have tried before and they got blown into cyberspace. Any help on this would be great also.

Bubba

Careful, mountain roads can be dirty in winter...sand, gravel, pine needles :beerchug:

I ride up there pretty regularly, although I haven't been up there much this winter. For this time of year, be prepared for the unexpected in the way of sand and rock on the road. It's been pretty warm during the day for the last week or so, but it's below freezing at night so be aware that there may be some slick spots where the road is blocked from the sun.

It's pretty fairly traveled since it is the main road up there, so expect to get stuck behind a few cars + trucks.

Really fun road in the summer. The 18 heading in and out of Big Bear is fast curve central, and the 38 down to Yucaipa is off the hook! (Better than the 18, IMHO - there's less traffic)

have fun + be safe!

Thanks for all the info.
Great site and good people, lots of good information on the org.
thanks again all.

IMG_0627.jpg

Digging deep and looking for bodies.
Shortboarder You still out there?

This was my first ride as an org member and I was alone, but people here offered support and I was hooked on this forum! :beerchug:

Bubba, Thankful hoon

Back