Glenn Beck Poll

How do you feel about Glenn Beck's message?

• Total voters

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
I have been listening to Glenn Beck for over a decade. He was a local talk radio host here in Tampa before most of you had ever heard of him. back then his show was a mixture of politics, humor and storytelling. It was a well rounded show with a little bit of everything for all audiences, regardless of your religion or political affiliation.

These days I can't seem to turn on his show without hearing him talk about how God chose him and how he is the messenger and divine providence, yada yada yada. I'm not a religious man. I have never seen the light, it's as simple as that. I'm not an atheist, I am simply a non-theist. I'm likely closer to agnostic, except I don't hold out any hopes for a greater power, I just try to be a good person and hope that whatever waits for me is willing to judge me on my character and not my beliefs. Anyway.....off topic a bit, sorry. How do you guys feel about the way that Beck has positioned himself as the messenger from God? I can't help but see a small bit of blasphemy in his message. We're on the same side, we're definitely aligned in terms of political perspective, but I can't stand it when he keeps propping himself up as "the one." It seems like a self-aggrandizing propaganda and appears to me to be the exact opposite of what Jesus preached.

How do you guys feel about how Beck has positioned himself?

I know it's hard to put out a pole that "fits" every opinion that you might address- I chose the first choice but wanted to "edit" my thoughts on it---
I don't believe he is THE messenger--- I know that there is not just one messenger out there--- the bible tasks everyone who accepts Jesus as their savior to not "keep their salvation to themselves, but to be a messenger"---telling others about Jesus's love and sacrifice for us ALL--- and that by accepting him into our hearts as our savior, we too can/will have an eternal life in heaven with him--- It is a FREE gift to us, only requiring our commitment to live our lives for him by his example he set for us in the bible. It is every Christians responsibility to share the promise and hope and love that is offered to us all from Jesus Christ---
Back on Beck, I have my opinion of him and from what I know of him and have learned from seeing him on TV, it is my opinion that he is rooted in a firm belief in GOD and I support and appreciate him for that--- we need more people in positions of political power and govt to take a stand for GOD and what we believe--- every other religion and group that believe differently morally or whatever than a Christian can say and do whatever they want to.... and get by with it--- well, it is time we as Christians too fight to stop getting our freedom of speech taken away from us--- that's why this country is in the shape it's in now, our morality and common sense in America has all but went totally away...
I am not critical of how you worded the poll, just wanted to give my spin on the messenger part--- thanks for letting me share too... great poll:thumbsup:

Speaking from a Canadian perspective, he's a utter wack job.

cheers
ken

I know it's hard to put out a pole that "fits" every opinion that you might address- I chose the first choice but wanted to "edit" my thoughts on it---
I don't believe he is THE messenger--- I know that there is not just one messenger out there--- the bible tasks everyone who accepts Jesus as their savior to not "keep their salvation to themselves, but to be a messenger"---telling others about Jesus's love and sacrifice for us ALL--- and that by accepting him into our hearts as our savior, we too can/will have an eternal life in heaven with him--- It is a FREE gift to us, only requiring our commitment to live our lives for him by his example he set for us in the bible. It is every Christians responsibility to share the promise and hope and love that is offered to us all from Jesus Christ---
Back on Beck, I have my opinion of him and from what I know of him and have learned from seeing him on TV, it is my opinion that he is rooted in a firm belief in GOD and I support and appreciate him for that--- we need more people in positions of political power and govt to take a stand for GOD and what we believe--- every other religion and group that believe differently morally or whatever than a Christian can say and do whatever they want to.... and get by with it--- well, it is time we as Christians too fight to stop getting our freedom of speech taken away from us--- that's why this country is in the shape it's in now, our morality and common sense in America has all but went totally away...
I am not critical of how you worded the poll, just wanted to give my spin on the messenger part--- thanks for letting me share too... great poll:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: +1

Speaking as an American, I think he is an utter wack job and it's sad how many low information voters he has influenced. I know a lot of conservatives that are not represented by him.

Forgot to add "never heard of him", I thought he was a quaterback in the NFL. I don't listen to any one's religious views or beliefs, on the radio or in person :laugh:

And I as an American believe he is spot on. I dont think he is a wack job. I think he is right. I support him. :thumbsup:

Speaking as an American, I think he is an utter wack job and it's sad how many low information voters he has influenced. I know a lot of conservatives that are not represented by him.

+1
Propaganda at it's finest !
I think he studied at Joseph Goebbels university !

I am not a Glenn Beck fan...I think I get tired of seeing him cry. I enjoy Bill O'Reilly though :)

I LOVE Glenn Beck!!
He is a nut job and that is why I cannot get enough of him. Palin as well and O'Donnell (I am not a witch)
As long as the face of the far right is wacky, and dumb, real dumb we are safe. Sooner or later the Tea Party will adjust as they have with their signs, to portray a more unified message. When they find that new face that seems sensible then we need to fear. Because the true agenda will be hided behind a persona.
So keep bringing in the wacky :cheerleader:

Last edited:
Back