gixxer tail section

Can that be done?
rock.gif

i saw it done  you need to swap sub frames but it can be done
it's gonna take a lil more than just that. The frames aren't even similar.

Unless, of course, you're just going to put brackets on the Busa frame to match up with the Gixx subframe. Interesting combination, though.....a Busa with a Gixxer rear.

ok, now THAT is interesting. Don't dig it all that much, but kudos to the guy for makin it work.
thumbs-up.gif

looks like its extended with a stock arm lol

my bad almost stock

<!--EDIT|badboysbailagnt
Reason for Edit: "im a dumby"|1130820357 -->

i have a guy that says he can do it i am seriously thinking about it. i am also thinking about swapping the swing arms. will an 04 gixxer swing arm bolt right up?

Its a little easier to put the busa engine in the 1000 frame,I've seen several on the net and in mags.:)

That would the ultimate sleeper, putting a 1000R body on a busa. Better yet put 600 decals on it!!

Carbontek in the UK built this bike,its a 1000 frame with a busa engine turbo charged.Dynoed at over 415hp.Major sleeper!
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130874675 -->

I have actually considered doing the same thing. Since I like the twisties, I would really see an improvement going with a 750 awing arm.

The one issue that concerned me was how the stock tail would look with a 3" shorter arm. The easy fix would be to graft a GSXR tail on the busa.

I am still considering this mod, just looking for a damaged tail I can use. I know I will need the seat and hardware.

Some guys I know will graft a TL1000S tail on a TL1000R. That looks the way Suzuki should have built that machine. To do that swap, you need the subframe, inner fender, plastic and the seats. Probally would be the same to do a GSXR/Busa one.....

What are your first impressions of this bike........
first impression is that it looks like a Busa frame....note the end part of it, near the subframe.

The Gixxer frames don't look that like...or at least, I don't recall 'em lookin like that. Mebbe I'm just cuckoo at the moment.

It does, however, look like a busa with Gixxer stuff added...plastics and swingarm.

Back