Getting close to 4k miles, what to expect

busahaya

SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
What's up everyone, just need some pointers on what major maintenance I should perform on The Busa at 4k miles. Thanks for the pointers.

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097696725 -->

I'd love to give you pointers.......however I am mechanically challenged and rely on the wrenches at the shop. From memory thou I don't think it is to major of a service basicly inspect, tighten, and oil change. It's the 7500 mile maint that they do stuff like change the spark plugs....sry couldn't be of more help.....hey mechs chime in here....
smile.gif

Yep, you're supposed to change the oil, overall check of fluids, check spark plugs and at 7500 change plugs...

I ALWAYS change the filter with each oil change...never understood the manual's recommendation of using new oil on an old filter...but, to each his/her own...
wink.gif

Hope this helps...

busaschedule.jpg

Cool, you guys/gals Rock. One more thing, how about throttle valve synchronization is it difficult to adjust or should I leave it up to the "Certified Mechanics" to do?

The buss is one of the LESS demanding bikes in service costs, and one of the most reliable ones too..

..yep, I had to check valves clearance on 24.000 km..

and apart from spark plugs, a rather exaggerant brake fluid replacement and oil/filter changes, that's about it..

..a guy with a VFR down the block wants $100 EVERY TIME, FOR SPARK PLUGS ALONE! ..iridium, v-tec.. ..I laugh every time he tells me that, and he tells me often..
smile.gif

Back