GenII will not upshift from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th under load

bensylton

Registered
I have a 2008 GenII Busa, and i'm having issues with upshifting from 2nd to 3rd under load. I've also notice the same thing for 3rd to 4th under load. The gearing never slips it just will not pop into the gear. If I let off the gas completely it will then go into the gear. The upshift from 4th to 5th is perfect at high load and the same for 5th to 6th. Downshifts are always perfect no issues with that at all. And it doesn't slip in any gear. Come on BUSAgearHeads, what's going on with my tranny?

I think you left out the 'F' in your thread title as the filter misinterpreted your words :rofl:

It's not supposed to shift under load. Either you or a mechanical device must blip the throttle long enough to relieve force on the cogs so they can shift. On the gas the tranny is not gonna want to shift.

I always shift properly, but there's seems to be a issues with the tranny. It's like it's stuck. I have to get completely off the throttle to get it to go to 4th gear. NO ISSUES going from 4th to 5th under heavy load. I've never had such issues before on my other bikes even on trackdays.

I think you left out the 'F' in your thread title as the filter misinterpreted your words :rofl:

It's not supposed to shift under load. Either you or a mechanical device must blip the throttle long enough to relieve force on the cogs so they can shift. On the gas the tranny is not gonna want to shift.

hmm u sure blanca? because i shift without using the clutch sometime under load then i powershift not often but, with not letting off the gas at all an squeezing the clutch...oh but u know what i have a GEN 1. never mind me im gone...:tiptoe::hide:

Your other bikes probably don't carry 103 - 110 ft lbs of torque to the pavement :dunno:

hmm u sure blanca? because i shift without using the clutch sometime under load then i powershift not often but, with not letting off the gas at all an squeezing the clutch...oh but u know what i have a GEN 1. never mind me im gone...:tiptoe::hide:

:rofl:

Wow 5 years and we get a Gen II tranny ......... maybe thread :poke:

Dont know, but I clutchless shift on my GENII when I am racing or just dont want to use the clutch.

No issues here with a GENII clutchless shifts.

Getting ready to shift
Apply heavy foot pressure upwards on the shifter.
Barely I mean barely just blip the throttle off 5% or even think about doing it and Wooooo Lahhh next gear!

How many miles? Is your shift lever set properly, are you getting enough pressure on the shifter with your foot, what weight oil?

When I clutchless shift the best way I've found to work it is by holding pressure up on the shifter and when I'm ready to shift just ever so slightly blip the throttle. Perfect shifts everytime. Except when you forget to let off the pressure before trying next gear :banghead: makes ya look like an arse!!

holding pressure on the shifter is called "preloading" and its horrable on shift forks. Ive seen the results from it. But like said above, it does go right into gear with ease. Ease on shifting, Hard on wallet.:laugh:

DSC06560.jpg

Back