Gen I Clutch is Too Grabby. Is Brocks the Only Fix?

Road Weazel

Registered
I've got a '99 and I find the clutch far too 'grabby' to get a decent launch. I've already installed a welded clutch hub and the '05 anti-judder spring, washer and inner drive plate.
Do I have another issue or is the Brock's Cushion set up the only fix?
If I have to spend the cash I will, but thought I'd ask first.
Thanx,
Weazel

Thanx, guys. I ordered the Brock's Cushion Kit this morning.
I upgraded to the welded hub and '05 clutch assembly, and it seemed better for a few launches and then the sucky, grabby demon came back.
I'm not sure what I could do about getting more oil on the plates. I was running Motul 300 synthetic 10w40 and will be changing to Amsoil 10w40 this week (work gave me a free gallon).
Thanx again.
Weazel

While the bikes running with you on it lean it to the right as gas as you can without dropping it. While leaning it while running hold the clutch handle in for several seconds. Do it every time you make a pass. It saturates the clutches pretty good.

I've read about the hayabusa clutch being 'grabby' because of slightly bent/ warped friction plates ( the metal plates between the clutch fiber plates).. you cam set them down on a piece of glass to see which ones are warped. Also the warped plates might show some discoloration.

I have a 2001 busa the clutch rattle isnt anywhere near quiet and just done an oil change and have got very fine metal in my oil not alot but my starter clutch sometimes is lazy cant see that leaving metal behind but the clutch rattle is bad is it worn plates that cause it or a bearing or ?????

I have a 2001 busa the clutch rattle isnt anywhere near quiet and just done an oil change and have got very fine metal in my oil not alot but my starter clutch sometimes is lazy cant see that leaving metal behind but the clutch rattle is bad is it worn plates that cause it or a bearing or ?????

Brocks has a clutch mod the will quit down your clutch its around $230.00 or so

Back