Gen 2 vs gen1 1397

KYBUSA502

Registered
I have a gen 1, I'm going to keep this simple. I want 200+ hp to out run kaw 1400s, and other 200+ bikes. I see the gen 2 and I just never see them dyno over 200+ with pipe and tune. I'm not drag racing I'm playing around on the street and taking trips playing on the highway. Ok. I see 1397s with cams and heads and about 5 grand worth of work in a motor only putting out 205 maybe hp. So what do you guys think? Is there a gen 2 stock with bolt ons throwing down more then 200rwhp? If so then I'll go that route.

I have a gen 1, I'm going to keep this simple. I want 200+ hp to out run kaw 1400s, and other 200+ bikes. I see the gen 2 and I just never see them dyno over 200+ with pipe and tune. I'm not drag racing I'm playing around on the street and taking trips playing on the highway. Ok. I see 1397s with cams and heads and about 5 grand worth of work in a motor only putting out 205 maybe hp. So what do you guys think? Is there a gen 2 stock with bolt ons throwing down more then 200rwhp? If so then I'll go that route.
5g you can save a little and bolt a turbo on and get around 230 and never open the motor.

I thought about turbo but I'm a all motor guy, I like my 4into1 megaphone sound, nothing comes close to the way it sounds. But I'd take horsepower over sound anyday. So I guess what I'm saying is is there any other combinations to getting 200+ hp without doing pistons like an exact combintation of parts. Maybe a gen 2 with a pipe pcm 5 on 110? I know a gen 1 won't go over 200 hp on stock bore or will it? Without a turbo.

Anything can be done if you know how. We have already gotten 200 rwhp out of a Gen 1 with STOCK pistons. That bike can bury S1000RRs from a roll . . . BMWs have no torque, anyway.
I thought about turbo but I'm a all motor guy, I like my 4into1 megaphone sound, nothing comes close to the way it sounds. But I'd take horsepower over sound anyday. So I guess what I'm saying is is there any other combinations to getting 200+ hp without doing pistons like an exact combintation of parts. Maybe a gen 2 with a pipe pcm 5 on 110? I know a gen 1 won't go over 200 hp on stock bore or will it? Without a turbo.

Stock bore, STOCK pistons, 201 rwhp . . . yes, it can be done with a Gen 1.

From what I saw in your first post iam guessing you want to beat up on some zx14r? Going fast isn't just horsepower it's in the set up and rider. Oh don't forget about the weight. Weight can make or break it. Depend where you live you could pick a gen 2 for only a couple grand more the a gen 1. That would be cheaper option then building a 1397 motor gen 1. I have a 1397 and I love it but I do hate it. It hasn't been very reliable for me. But if your close to frank he would be the guy to build you a motor. If his 201hp motor runs on pump 87 fuel that thing should make good power on some mr12. That would be a cheaper and best option. Or buy a gen 2 and set the bike up correct and you can beat some zx14r. My buddy has a zx10r and makes 175whp and beats up on zx14r bike's all day.

Yea. I'm 178lbs and I'm lighting up my bike as best as I can, Frank were are you located? A local guy said the same thing and he was talking 1900 bucks to do it. I personally do my own work but something that fragile being the head work takes some serious talent I don't have lol. But yea here in ky it's so many ppl jumping over to zx14s talking sh!t I just wanna shut it down. I was definitely worried about the 1397 being reliable because I do ride a lot of long trips and I like roll racing from time to time.

Yea. I'm 178lbs and I'm lighting up my bike as best as I can, Frank were are you located? A local guy said the same thing and he was talking 1900 bucks to do it. I personally do my own work but something that fragile being the head work takes some serious talent I don't have lol. But yea here in ky it's so many ppl jumping over to zx14s talking sh!t I just wanna shut it down. I was definitely worried about the 1397 being reliable because I do ride a lot of long trips and I like roll racing from time to time.
Hey man, you know of any reputable shops here in Louisville , I have a few kinks that Iam having a hard time ironing out with my bike, needing it diagnosed but dealers only go back 10 years so iam like crap

Light weight mods would be r1 wheels, aluminum subframe, carbon fiber gas tank find used would be best to save money, lsr front fender, delete bars ends, light weight foot pegs, kick stand, light weight battery, modify the front fairing stay, and a new swingarm. For the swingarm you will want to go longer then stock but not to long and create traction problems. I would get a arm that's 4 to 8 over stock. I would keep gearing stock or go one up in the front. That will help you stay in 1st gear from a roll and help with not doing wheelies. On my bike I run one up front and 6 over arm and it almost always goes hard without wheelie or spinning. I also put a pit speed limiter on my bike so I would get people to match my speed. Nice thing about that is you can be wot on the speed limiter and let go of the button and bikes flys. Cause your already wot.

I'm also working through some issues with my 1397, but I also built it myself and some of my issues are self created. But I will say, the 1397 is an amazing jump in power from the 1300.

I also have the R1 wheels, the aluminum subframe, removed weights from pegs, and many other things. I'm no where near as light as busakiller, but a 1397 is an amazing ride. I can only imagine how it'll be with a shot of nitrous too. And I'm still on stock wheelbase.

Back