Gen 1 Cam Timing

HotRods&Heels

Registered
Ok so for the life of me I can’t get my timing right, had to do a top end rebuild and I’m stuck at the valve adjustment and timing I can’t get it right to be able to to the valve adjustment, also my wires going to the ignition coils are starting to fray and come out and I’m thinking maybe that’s why my fuel injectors aren’t spraying. My pump is priming and fuel is getting to the fuel rail however the infectors are not spraying into the cylinders I had replaced the entire throttle body assembly with injectors and same thing. I’m about ready to burn this bitch down lol someone hellpppp

Yes and I’ve followed the timing directions but I can’t get the arrow next to the 2 on the right pin and keep the 1 even with the case.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have not timed one of these engines in years, but, when everything seems like it is correct, yet the timing marks/pin count is advanced, put the chain on one tooth retarded from the previous install, and rotate the engine manually a few times(spark plugs out, makes it much easier obviously), sometimes this is nesacery to make the timing/gears rotate into proper alignment.

Back