G'day lads, need a bit of tech data.

KennyMac

Registered
One of the local lads over here just posted this in and I have come to the font of all things Busa for the answer on his behalf. it goes like this:

Hopefully someone has had experience with this.

My 99 is missing realy bad on startup, once it gets to operating temp, it seems a bit better, but still not good.

I thought I had a dud plug, so I replaced all 4, still no good though.

I pulled the tank and air box off tonight to have another look at the plugs. What I found was, disconecting numbers 1 and 3 made no difference to how she runs. When I unpluged 2 or 4, the motor dies.

Unless I have bought a couple of dud plugs, I'm thinking the problem is elsewhere. I have tried to find a workshop manual, without success. Does anyone know if there is a part that can affect plugs 1 and 3 independently from 2 and 4?

I can't get the bike into my mechanic until the 20th of June, I can't last that long without a ride!!!!!

And assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Terry

he has checked the usual suspects. The obvious answer is the fuel line. no dice. it's fine and he never touched it anyway. apparently. I reckon the injectors are blocked, especially since it is missing on a couple of cylinders. What do you reckon is the backyard way of cleaning them out?

Appreciate the help.

Kenny Mac

Test each coil...

Leave all four plugs in the engine, remove air cleaner and seperate the first HT Coil from its harness by undoing the electrical connector. Take a fifth plug that is new/good and install on removed HT Coil now you take and ground this plug to the cylinder head! This can be done by placing the threads of the fifth plug and pressing them against the cylinder head! Make sure you have something that is electrical insulated to hold the plugs, don't want to get jolted.... With everything turned on and clutch in turn the motor over while watching the plug! Should produce a nice blue arc at the electrode! Your looking for a yellow/blue or all yellow spark that is weak. IF you see this condition at any of the tested HT Coils you have narrowed your problem down to this system..... Hope this helps.

CAUTION: THE COIL YOU TEST WITH SPARK PLUG
MUST BE GROUNDED AT ALL TIMES WHEN FIRING THE BIKE! OR YOU CAN DAMAGE THE ECU

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148829824 -->

Back