Future owner questions...

OB_Ronny

Registered
Thanks for the info. You know, it's funny how out of the clear blue sky I'll think of the Busa or another question... today I was wondering about what front/rear race stand/spools to get. Suggestions? Is there a preferred bike cover?

[This message has been edited by Ronny (edited 06 March 2000).]

Pit Bull stands and spools are the only way to go (I have four of 'em). You have a number of choices for the front, but I don't know if they are making the stem adapters for the Hayabusa yet.

I recently won a Covercraft Motorcycle cover from Mimag.com. The only thing is Covercraft has not started manufacturing covers for the Hayabusa. I will get mine as soon as they go into production. Will let you know about quality and fit ASAP.

I'm anxiously waiting for Bartlesville Cycle Sports to call me to come and pick up a Red/Grey. I've been reading all I can find. I've ordered Gary's CD, a service manual, ZG windscreen and GenMar. I do all my own work. I live in Colorado but will be picking up the bike in Oklahoma. Does the Busa have any kind of altitude compensation device? Will I need to re map here at 6000ft? Thanks.

I believe that the EFI has a barometric pressure senseing device that automagically compensates for altitude and weather.

The GenMar riser made a huge difference for me. I would not have believed the small rise would make such a difference. Ride it stock first to be sure you want the rise and to get a feel for what it is like without the GenMars.

If your bike is rigged like mine, you'll need to reroute the speed adjuster (AKA "choke") cable under the tank to allow cable slack with the GenMar installed.

You'll love the Bike !

[This message has been edited by CaveDweller (edited 06 March 2000).]

Ronny,

Yes, the bike has both an IAT(intake air temp) and IAP(intake air pressure) sensors on the airbox.

Dave

Back