Funny Christmas tree/Christmas stories

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
That season is quickly approaching...there has to be a few Funny stories out there...

I have a few...one is my brother's, he goes out with his grandkids each year on his snowmobile and kamivik to get a tree in the bush (admirable). He gets a big honking tree home and set up in the living room...as he and the grand kids are decorating it, he goes to put a ball on a branch when a paw comes out to smack the ball out of his hands...apparently his cat had decided to move into the tree for the season...it would sleep in the tree and arbitrarily knock ornaments off when the thought occurred...

When my kids were little, I'd climb on the roof with some bells and thumped around jingling them making them think Santa was up there...my neighbor saw me one time and thought I was out of my gourde...he told me several times I was nuts...the following year as I was on the roof I heard bells and when I looked, my neighbor was on his roof stomping around and jingling bells, we looked at each other and had a good laugh...after that each year until our kids got too big, we'd be on our rooves each Christmas Eve...one year when our kids stopped believing, we climbed up on my roof and had a glass of Egg Nogg together...

3dfe156038eb2f7e650145001a1d246f.jpg

One year growing up, we raised an abandoned squirrel and during Christmas dad was curious what it would do to the tree...turbo sprinted across the living room and proceeded to knock off every ornament, took nearly half an hour to get him out of the tree!

View attachment 1630304
One year growing up, we raised an abandoned squirrel and during Christmas dad was curious what it would do to the tree...turbo sprinted across the living room and proceeded to knock off every ornament, took nearly half an hour to get him out of the tree!
That would be a spectacle........crazy squirrels....

Our Alaskan Malamute/Wolf cross had a great sense of humor.He never paid much attention to anything Christmas,till the year I got a real tree.Brought it in,stood it up in the corner,Kodiac walked over to it,sniffed it,lifted a leg and pissed on it. Looked at me like, "Thanks for making me not have to go outside." Man he was a comical dog. Very smart,knew exactly what you wanted him to do...he just never did it,
Rubb.

Our Alaskan Malamute/Wolf cross had a great sense of humor.He never paid much attention to anything Christmas,till the year I got a real tree.Brought it in,stood it up in the corner,Kodiac walked over to it,sniffed it,lifted a leg and pissed on it. Looked at me like, "Thanks for making me not have to go outside." Man he was a comical dog. Very smart,knew exactly what you wanted him to do...he just never did it,
Rubb.
We had an Alaskan Malamute/Timber Wolf cross growing up too.....he was a very good dog but whenever he got loose, he'd go and kill the neighbor's sheep for some reason....

Another dog related...my Rottweilers had gotten to know and understand Christmas.At first the wife would let them tear open their own presents.Then one year she let them open all hers too (asking me first if they were fragile). Then it became custom and I don't know how they knew but they did. The 3 of them would wake up early Christmas morning (none of the other days presents were under the tree prior to) and sit there like little kids till we got up and gave the command to "open."
3 Rottweilers attacking a mound of wrapped presents is pretty cool to see. The wife thought it hilarious,
Rubb.

We had an Alaskan Malamute/Timber Wolf cross growing up too.....he was a very good dog but whenever he got loose, he'd go and kill the neighbor's sheep for some reason....
Its just who they are. They are not mean,nasty or vengeful usually,just the breed. They have to accept other animals into the pack on their decision. My buddy's Malamute did not hurt the new cat when it was brought home. He accepted it. He did not however accept her kittens when she had them. He killed them all. (got sent to "live on a farm")
Another buddy's 'Mute got out one day while he was at work. Dog finally came home after a couple of days and a 50 mile killing spree. Shredded everything thing in his path. That one got sent to that magic farm too,
Rubb.

Was just talking to a neighbor who has a big grey "Weimaraner" dog named Bloo (of whom I sometimes take for walks), he said the big critter came tearing through the house with tinsel and garland trailing behind with his three kids chasing him...they tried to decorate him.

Back