Fuel tank vapor vent, & Drain @ filler cap?

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
Ok I did check the parts fich, and my old PDF for A 99. I see the california Model has a vapor canister. that is purged into the vacuum hoses to TB's Where would my 06 go same place? but w/out the canister rite! The reason I'm checking is i stuffed the tank full like i do! and the other day after running hard, filled up, man a few back fires and surging etc. I thought BAD GAS! But B4 I could get turned around to go back it cleared and runs like a zuki from then on. 15 K miles and just the reg oil filter lube and adj done to her!
whistling.gif
goodboy.gif

Ok had to go check it out! Myself. Vapors or pressure is vented thru tank cover lid, Drain is still just as any recessed fuel cap area has always been! drained to the bottom of the R-side fairing below clutch cover. We in the hotter climates don't need to worry about this much but to you folk up in the cold freezing got to use antifreeze area's make sure that hose drains all the way. If you wash it or get water in that area and it stays in the pipe in the tank from a kinked or plugged hose it will split the tubing in the tank when it freezes. Not a good thing! Has any had the overfill the tank cause a running problem? I thought the vapors may have been routed to the airbox or into T.B's.  

I don't have a hose diagram but the owners manual for my 07 talks like it's just a vent hose. OM states filling tank too high into the neck can, as the fuel heats up, cause an "overflow" followed by the sharp thinking observation that "spilled fuel can catch fire".
Sounds like it will just run out on the ground.

Edit: nevermind, you got it before I could type it.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back