Running with fuel tank proped up?

Zoinks!

Registered
I don't see why there would be any problem doing this, but is it ok to run the engine with the tank on the prop rod? I need to adjust the fast idle and I'd rather do it with the engine running rather than start, check, shut down, adjust, start, check shut down, adjust, etc.

Cool cool. That's what I figured, but just wanted someone else to tell me the same thing.:thumbsup:

Do make sure when you lower it back down, that you don't kink any hoses and that everything is secure.

I don't see why there would be any problem doing this, but is it ok to run the engine with the tank on the prop rod? I need to adjust the fast idle and I'd rather do it with the engine running rather than start, check, shut down, adjust, start, check shut down, adjust, etc.

Yes, another member here had a major meltdown when running his bike with the tank propped. Don't do it.

Ive run my 08 with the tank up and no problems, just make sure ya have plenty of fuel in it cuz it will run out if ya got less than 1 gallon in it. This is due to the position of the fuel pump. Raising it will put the fuel pump at a higher position than instead of the bottom of the tank.

What's the fast idle doing? Is the rpm to low?

Back