Fuel Pump Replacement Options

Jonathan.Hays

Registered
Good evening all,

Have a 2002 Busa that has been sitting. I have been working on getting it back running by replacing plugs and lubing everything. Now I am moving onto the tank. The tank is rusted up. Resealed the tank and flushed the lines, but now the pump is the issue as the bike just won't start. So, I am pretty sure the pump is fried as it won't pressurize fuel coming out of the line...

So, my question is, what is the difference between the 2002-2007 and the 2008+ fuel pump other than the plug? Due to availablity, it sees pretty easy to get a hold of a 2008 pump, would this work or is there a huge difference?

dont know if a 2008 pump will work. You might be able to remove the pump from the assembly and match it with something at your local Oreilys,Napa, or Advanced Auto Parts. I'm running a external pump from Advance Auto Parts made by airtex.... ALOT cheaper plus it flows ALOT which is good for this lil-NOS motor I'm running:laugh: But you may luck up on Ebay and find something

Last edited:
Had the same problem with a rusted tank. All restaurated and sealed ,and when i tried to start , the pump was "locked" too. Outside it looked fine ,but the bearings of the motor were rusted.

It was not the complete pump ,just the Motor was rusted and crap.:banghead:
I changed only the motor . A kilogixxer pump-motorfitted perfect.(dont know year)
The complete pump will not fit ,but the motor is same.

So you have another oportunity :whistle:

Back