Front tire to back tire wear ratio

OB_falcon fool

Registered
How many of you are getting 2 rear to one front. Now, I am not talking about baking the rear tire, I am talking about regular street riding. My rear is almost gone and the front is 1/3. I have been really EASY on the trottle. Should I replace both tires now or just the rear. I have a new set of Pilots but now that I have compaired my front with Minibusa's new one I am wondering if I should order a new BT 56 J and just replace the rear for right now and save the Pilots untill the next time. Input please!

Hey falcon, put the pilots on. Your braking and turning will be better than you ever thought possible. Everyone says they use this or that rear tire and it makes a big difference, but the front is the one that makes most of the improvement in everyday riding. For the best performance and most of all,your safety,put the Pilots on. You'll think your glued to the ground and your braking will be noticably better. How much did you pay?

yeah the main reason the front gets ate up is because of the weight transfer. it aint no 600. anyway im down to the deciding point, PILOTS, DRAGONS, DNLP207..... you guys are just buyin the street/race version right? i heard the all out race version wears way to fast and takes to long to heat up. any thoughts??

Are these the tires, I should be putting on?????

Pilot® Sport rear 190/50 ZR17

Pilot® Sport front 120/70 ZR17

Mr. Fool- It wasn't by choice. My new rear tire has not showed up yet. It looks like the top of my head. I should be able to do "spark-offs" any day now.

6500 miles, rear cords not showing yet. Front still looks really good. I estimate 3 rears to a front. Only 2-3 small burnoffs, half a dozen top speed runs. My throttle position when railing is limited by the rear tire. I get up on my toes to eliminate the chance of panicking and high-siding the bike from locking up the rear wheel when railing. I am upgrading to a 200mm 207ZR as soon as it arrives. I will put a 207ZR on the front when it wears out. If I go through another rear before the front is done, I may do Pilot sports on both ends.

Chaparral (909) 889-2761

They have an 800 number, but I don't have it right at the moment. You'll find their prices are about the best around.

[This message has been edited by BUSRYDR (edited 17 July 2000).]

Race tires are not good for the steet because
they go through a diffrent type of heat cycle that they go through and profile is
a little diffrent in tthe front for turn in.Street tires are the way to go for shure,
oem's are not really that bad but i am going
sfter a set of Pilot sport.My stock rear is
almost gone at 3600 miles of hadr rideing,no
burn out's.

Hey falcon, maybe it's all those 100 mph roll-on wheelies you've been doing, those will eat you're back tire. Don't let you're wife catch you doing that.

Price for Pilots to my door...278.98 Chaparral.

Adowell...I hope that is the right size..it is the size i bought anyway.

Kirk...6500 Miles!! unreal!I have 3300 and have babied it. Well, maybe they could get me for a mild case of child abuse now and then. :)

I am sure I could get another rear out of the front. I seems like a waste to take off such a good tire. As I am satisfied with the OEM tires. They slip a little but are very predictable.
If I can find a rear and get it soon I think I will don another BT 56J for now.

[This message has been edited by falcon fool (edited 17 July 2000).]

Kirk....not saying 6500 is BAD. I wish I could get that out of a set. It is just unreal that you could get it and I have been so easy on the gas and just get 3200 miles, althoughit still has a little life left maybe another 5-800.

Chaparrel 1800-841-2960 Better hurry their supplies is limited. I had mine ordered since 6/14/00. Front was shipped 7/7/00 and rear was shipped 7/11/00. Rear has not been delivered.

You guys ordering Pilots from Chaparreal I live 10 mins from them & can probably get them to ya alot sooner & cheaper if I go down & shippem to ya! Choice is your ! Trying ta help my fellow Busa buddies out! E-mail at either Hayawiz@aol.com or WizsBusa@aol.com be glad to help! or you can call me at 909-790-3383 my wife will take your order & you can send money order they'll be shipped out same day !!

Back