Front Sprockets

Jeremy ,you are correct,with the binding effect a small sprocket that little will cause,you will take out the water pump,gear shift cover,sprocket cover,chain,possibly the tail section and you may end up with one leg.Take it from a guy that builds bikes daily from people doing bullshit to them and not knowing.We are not like your other vendors we sell what we use and are riders not posers.If you put that on your bike and it tears it all to #### and you end up screwed up cause you had a $25 sprocket you decide to use you deserve what you get.Make a papreweight out of it for your desk and go up in the rear or no more than one down in the front.

I don't mean to sound mean but you ask a ?,you get a answer and still want to make a dumb move after being told not too.A HARD HEAD WILL MAKE A SOFT ASS If you know what I mean?
rock.gif
???
Thanks man, That's why I'm asking. Well, I have to say that the bike WOULD NOT KEEP THE WHEEL DOWN! If i hammered it the rear spunn out. Now I had enough of the wheeling. What is your suggestion for a little more acceleration but no need for top speed. My zx-750 w\1tooth down in the front tops out at 145mph. I'm happy with that, limits my speeding to under 150....lol So, what should I do with this busa? raise the rear 3 teeth? keep the front stock or 1 down up front? Keep in mind I want to keep the stock chain.
You haven't read a single reply in this thread have you? You've been told several times how to do this... I don't think you started out looking for answers. I think you just wanted to post about your squidly mod.
wink.gif

Get a 43 tooth rear sprocket, or a 16 tooth front, put it on, and enjoy your bike.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128973274 -->

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF A 14TOOTH FOR A BUSA... THEY SHOULDN'T MAKE ANYTHING LESS THAN A 16.. RUINS PARTS.

I'M 16FRONT 44REAR AND THE BIKE PULLS HARD AS HELL.

Hey guys...I have been seriously thinking about a gear change too.....but I am NOT interested in risking a chain malfucktion while blasting along at a buck fitty.

So; What I am hearing is it is much smarter to go up a few in the back as opposed to down one in the front......is that correct? I want good chain life, but I want more grunt.

17/43?

Hey guys...I have been seriously thinking about a gear change too.....but I am NOT interested in risking a chain malfucktion while blasting along at a buck fitty.  

So;  What I am hearing is it is much smarter to go up a few in the back as opposed to down one in the front......is that correct?  I want good chain life, but I want more grunt.  

17/43?
You can drop one in the front, no problem. Anything more than that and you're asking for it. I suggest 16/40, followed by 16/42 if the first ain't enough. If that's too much, switch to 17/42. Stock wheelbase anything bigger is pointless.

16/42 is the most common setup for the 'changer'.

16t front is down one. do NOT go smaller than that.

40t rear is stock.

15 = "Danger Will Robinson"
14 = "Dead and broken bike"

the 16/42 combo will have you at 4200 rpm at 70mph. decrease in fuel economy, but more fun. mine does not wheelie with that combo, but I am a professional rider.....
laugh.gif

Jeremy ,you are correct,with the binding effect a small sprocket that little will cause,you will take out the water pump,gear shift cover,sprocket cover,chain,possibly the tail section and you may end up with one leg.Take it from a guy that builds bikes daily from people doing bullshit to them and not knowing.We are not like your other vendors we sell what we use and are riders not posers.If you put that on your bike and it tears it all to #### and you end up screwed up cause you had a $25 sprocket you decide to use you deserve what you get.Make a papreweight out of it for your desk and go up in the rear or no more than one down in the front.

I don't mean to sound mean but you ask a ?,you get a answer and still want to make a dumb move after being told not too.A HARD HEAD WILL MAKE A SOFT ASS If you know what I mean?
rock.gif
???
Thanks man, That's why I'm asking. Well, I have to say that the bike WOULD NOT KEEP THE WHEEL DOWN! If i hammered it the rear spunn out. Now I had enough of the wheeling. What is your suggestion for a little more acceleration but no need for top speed. My zx-750 w\1tooth down in the front tops out at 145mph. I'm happy with that, limits my speeding to under 150....lol So, what should I do with this busa? raise the rear 3 teeth? keep the front stock or 1 down up front? Keep in mind I want to keep the stock chain.
You haven't read a single reply in this thread have you? You've been told several times how to do this... I don't think you started out looking for answers. I think you just wanted to post about your squidly mod.
wink.gif

Get a 43 tooth rear sprocket, or a 16 tooth front, put it on, and enjoy your bike.
Isn't that defeating the purpose? 16 is one down up front and 43 is 3 down in the back isn't it? isn't the busa 17\46

So;  What I am hearing is it is much smarter to go up a few in the back as opposed to down one in the front......is that correct?  I want good chain life, but I want more grunt.  

17/43?
I'm trying to get the same acceleration and it's hard to know what you need when there are so many guys with differant setups..... I'm trying to get the safest one. Sh_t I could care less about the money spent on a sprocket I don't like, if it's tried out and not liked... the 15tooth is harsh. fudging bike was wheeling all day and in first spun the tire.

rock.gif
???
wink.gif

Isn't that defeating the purpose? 16 is one down up front and 43 is 3 down in the back isn't it? isn't the busa 17\46
Read the post right above the one in the quote box by Cache.

Stock is 17F and 40R

16/42 is the most common setup for the 'changer'.

16t front is down one. do NOT go smaller than that.

40t rear is stock.

15 = "Danger Will Robinson"
14 = "Dead and broken bike"

the 16/42 combo will have you at 4200 rpm at 70mph. decrease in fuel economy, but more fun. mine does not wheelie with that combo, but I am a professional rider.....  
laugh.gif
idea.gif

rock.gif
???
wink.gif

Stock is 17F and 40R
Thanks I missed that....

rock.gif
???
wink.gif

Stock is 17F and 40R
Thanks I missed that....
No problem.
PM replied to.

17/43?
You can drop one in the front, no problem. Anything more than that and you're asking for it. I suggest 16/40, followed by 16/42 if the first ain't enough. If that's too much, switch to 17/42. Stock wheelbase anything bigger is pointless.
Thanks man....I'm thinkin that is the combo for me.

the 16/42 combo will have you at 4200 rpm at 70mph. decrease in fuel economy, but more fun. [/QUOTE]

cache/jeremy, if you had to guess...how much of a difference in mpg will a person see going to that combination.....@ 3500 miles, even running @ 85mph avg, I am getting 40mpg.... I like the range! My buddy on his ZX10 had to fuel @ 135 miles.....

17/43?

the 16/42 combo will have you at 4200 rpm at 70mph. decrease in fuel economy, but more fun.

cache/jeremy, if you had to guess...how much of a difference in mpg will a person see going to that combination.....@ 3500 miles, even running @ 85mph avg, I am getting 40mpg.... I like the range!  My buddy on his ZX10 had to fuel @ 135 miles.....[/QUOTE]
If I remember right with 16-42 I was getting about 150 miles on a tank.

17/43?

the 16/42 combo will have you at 4200 rpm at 70mph. decrease in fuel economy, but more fun.

cache/jeremy, if you had to guess...how much of a difference in mpg will a person see going to that combination.....@ 3500 miles, even running @ 85mph avg, I am getting 40mpg.... I like the range!  My buddy on his ZX10 had to fuel @ 135 miles.....
If I remember right with 16-42 I was getting about 150 miles on a tank.[/QUOTE]
ouch...don't really want to have that short of range...

17/43?

cache/jeremy, if you had to guess...how much of a difference in mpg will a person see going to that combination.....@ 3500 miles, even running @ 85mph avg, I am getting 40mpg.... I like the range!  My buddy on his ZX10 had to fuel @ 135 miles.....
If I remember right with 16-42 I was getting about 150 miles on a tank.
ouch...don't really want to have that short of range...[/QUOTE]
Could of also been a combination of exhaust PC and others.
Let someone else chime in with their range before you shoot it down.

I sell a 13 front that'll fit on the Busa. That's no joke either.

How bout' a 13/46 set-up? Whew!

I think i'll pass.

Back