Front Sprockets

c50bartsBusa

Registered
Can any one tell me the differance with a 15 tooth front and a 16 tooth besides the obvious? I know stock it 17 but I bought a 15 tooth and installed it. However, can't ride, it's raining...
sad.gif
 Will the front wheel be hard to keep down?

IMG_3020R.JPG

The day after you put the 15 tooth on you be taking it off and putting the 16 back on. It wont last no time ,it puts the chain in to much of a bind it needs more surface area. Thats why i am going with the stock 17 up fron and a 45 on the back. Thats pretty much the same a a 16 42 set up

If I remember right going down one in the front is like going 3 up in the rear. I would imagine it will make it pull alot harder.

The day after you put the 15 tooth on you be taking it off and putting the 16 back on.  It wont last no time ,it puts the chain in to much of a bind it needs more surface area.  Thats why i am going with the stock 17 up fron and a 45 on the back.  Thats pretty much the same a a 16 42 set up
+1 and you notice that you'll always be changing gears...

I wouldnt leave it on for long......rolling on in 1st ot 2nd is going to mean nasty wheelies. And id worry about the chain. I have a 16/43 and Ill be going to 17/43 soon. sj

Thanks everybody, but I already bought the 15 tooth. I spoke with Driven Gears and they told me that the stock chain is heavy duty and can handle up to the 14tooth with mods done on the bike to increase HP. I was also told that the 15 tooth will wheelie this bike fast in the lower gears. I want to keep the acceleration up hard but the front wheel down. Will the busa hold up to a 15 tooth? I only have 1100 miles on it.

LOL 14 tooth Well atleast i know im not buying from them.
The 15 tooth will not last long at all and from reading all the messege boards the stock chain isint worth much either. To keep the front end down lower it. Mine is basicaly stock everything but lowered 3 inches in the rear and then i straped the front end down as far as i could get it down and all it would do is spin the tire. I have taken the strap off though its not a good idea to use the strap other than the drag strip.

To keep the front down,

lower the bike
stretch the swingarm

Don't believe what those venders told you...

LOL 14 tooth  Well atleast i know im not buying from them.  
The 15 tooth will not last long at all and from reading all the messege boards the stock chain isint worth much either. To keep the front end down lower it. Mine is basicaly stock everything but lowered 3 inches in the rear and then i straped the front end down as far as i could get it down and all it would do is spin the tire. I have taken the strap off though its not a good idea to use the strap other than the drag strip.
Thanks, What won't last using the 15 tooth? I could always switch to a 16 tooth after trying the 15tooth... I have to say I went down one on the front sprocket of my zx-750. I've been beating the stock chain up for 4 years and I haven't had any problems except stretching the chain a little. Now I figured the 15 tooth is going down 2 teeth and would putt a little more stress on the stock chain that is already heavy duty. Driven is one of the gear companies that supplies all of moto - cross & street bikes. www.drivenracing.com

What do you guys think?
rock.gif
?

To keep the front down,

lower the bike
stretch the swingarm

Don't believe what those venders told you...
So, what's the truth in your opinion? 15 is ok but the chain will stretch or the 15 will blow the bike up? I hear to many different opinions... I went down one on my 750 never had any problems figured whats 1 more down on a busa...lol

try the 15.... if you like the results , go to a 17 / 46 or so. You will get the same accell without the worry of tearing a chain off. I dont like the idea of what could happen if chain went south at real high speeds. sj

The busa makes so much torque that it will probely tear the teeth off the sprocket first. The worst that can happen is you flip the bike or blow the teeth off sprocket.

If I remember right going down one in the front is like going 3 up in the rear. I would imagine it will make it pull alot harder.
-1 up front is like +2.5 or so on the rear. +3 out back is a bit lower gearing than a -1 front with stock rear.
wink.gif

With that said, I had a 43t rear sprocket on Train and loved it. That and a speedohealer would be some of my first mods on any busa I buy.

You will be pissed when the chain snaps and takes your case with it. No nees to stress the chain that way when you can achieve the same results by going up on the rear. With the gearing you are talking about, it's pretty much useless with the stock wheelbase, all it will do is wheelie or spin.

Jeremy ,you are correct,with the binding effect a small sprocket that little will cause,you will take out the water pump,gear shift cover,sprocket cover,chain,possibly the tail section and you may end up with one leg.Take it from a guy that builds bikes daily from people doing bullshit to them and not knowing.We are not like your other vendors we sell what we use and are riders not posers.If you put that on your bike and it tears it all to #### and you end up screwed up cause you had a $25 sprocket you decide to use you deserve what you get.Make a papreweight out of it for your desk and go up in the rear or no more than one down in the front.

I don't mean to sound mean but you ask a ?,you get a answer and still want to make a dumb move after being told not too.A HARD HEAD WILL MAKE A SOFT ASS If you know what I mean?
rock.gif
???

Jeremy ,you are correct,with the binding effect a small sprocket that little will cause,you will take out the water pump,gear shift cover,sprocket cover,chain,possibly the tail section and you may end up with one leg.Take it from a guy that builds bikes daily from people doing bullshit to them and not knowing.We are not like your other vendors we sell what we use and are riders not posers.If you put that on your bike and it tears it all to #### and you end up screwed up cause you had a $25 sprocket you decide to use you deserve what you get.Make a papreweight out of it for your desk and go up in the rear or no more than one down in the front.

I don't mean to sound mean but you ask a ?,you get a answer and still want to make a dumb move after being told not too.A HARD HEAD WILL MAKE A SOFT ASS If you know what I mean?
rock.gif
???
Thanks man, That's why I'm asking. Well, I have to say that the bike WOULD NOT KEEP THE WHEEL DOWN! If i hammered it the rear spunn out. Now I had enough of the wheeling. What is your suggestion for a little more acceleration but no need for top speed. My zx-750 w\1tooth down in the front tops out at 145mph. I'm happy with that, limits my speeding to under 150....lol So, what should I do with this busa? raise the rear 3 teeth? keep the front stock or 1 down up front? Keep in mind I want to keep the stock chain.

Back