Front left turn signal acting funny…..please help

Shilpan

Registered
My front left turn signal some times works and sometime don’t. when it doesn’t work and I give signal then back left turn signal blinks really fast. I asked my local dealer and he said they would charge me $45 just to look at it plus whatever is needed. Any short of help is appreciated.

Welcome. Usually, when your blinkers flash quickly (if you haven't moded your lighting with LEDs or some otherway), it is a burnt out bulb somewhere...
So - You need to check three things.
1. Your bulb might be out. Just hit the left turn signal and see if you see it blink.
2. Your left turn signal connector might have separated. Under the left inner panel check your connector on the far left, (you'll need to remove the inner panel, the connector and bulb to change the left bulb if required), while in there, check your fuses to make sure nothing is blown.

Will do that tonight in my garage. But let me remind you that it works sometimes and it don't other. Any suggestions on that?

<!--EDIT|Shilpan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155244468 -->

IMG_2931.jpg

Nice bike.  If it works sometimes, it is probably the connector harness at the socket side.  If you pull the left inner panels and remove the whole socket, look closely for any breaks in the wire that could cause intermittant contact... Oh, BTW - when I say socket, I don't mean the whole assembly. Get your hands on the socket itself and turn, it will twist out of the housing...

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155244673 -->

Thanks for the help man. Will look into it once i get off from work. i'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again and ride safe.

I figured out what the problem was. it was the rusted wire that connects to the socket. Wouldnt have figured this out without your help mustang, Thanks a lot. I would have ended up paying $60 to $80 to my local dealer just to clean the rust off.

<!--EDIT|Shilpan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155307077 -->

I figured out what the problem was. it was the rusted wire that connects to the socket. Wouldnt have figured this out without your help mustang, Thanks a lot. I would have ended up paying $60 to $80 to my local dealer just to clean the rust off.
Glad it worked out for you! I am a highly paid government official and I am here to help!

"Topic: Front left turn signal acting funny…..please help"

Well Usually when they are acting up it's from too much Caffiene and or Sugar. I recommend cutting down on their sweets and maybe giving them a time out.
sad.gif
They should stop acting funny.

Hope that helps.

laugh.gif
Nice Rev!!

Welcome to the board.

Nice bike, after the signal mod, try the reflector and airbrake removal.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Glad it worked out for you!  I am a highly paid government official and I am here to help!
OVERpaid gov't official.

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

poke.gif

Don
MUAHAHAHAHAH! Nice Don -
Frakkin' Squid!
laugh.gif
thumbs-up.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Maybe you should donate $10 to the board then...
rock.gif

Back