Frame sliders.

gaetano

Registered
OK, so I just washed the busa, cleaned the seats and it is looking very very slick. I go to get on it and lose my footing on my driveway (cause it's wet of course) and drop the bike on its side.

Aside from being extremely pissed at myself, I am wondering if frame sliders would have protected my plastic. It has minor scratches now, but I am thinking about getting some sliders now. I have a few questions.

1) Would frame sliders have at least lessened the scratching?
2) Which are the best? I see plastic, billet, etc.. Is it just personal preference?

Oh man... that sucks! Sorry to hear about that.

I'm looking at the Vortex sliders. It's 2 pieces... the Frame Slider Base and the puck. You can choose the puck color to match your Busa. And in the case of a mishap, you simply purchase a new puck.

Vortex Sliders

My vortex sliders w/ aluminum pucks are arriving Monday. Then I have to get up the nerve to cut the plastic.

I looked at different types before deciding on the vortex because they are 2 piece.

Hmm, have not seen these before. Like the idea of a 2 piece. Thanks for the info!

If you get a chance, once you get them on, could you post the install & some pics?

Hmm, have not seen these before. Like the idea of a 2 piece. Thanks for the info!

If you get a chance, once you get them on, could you post the install & some pics?
If you use the search feature you won't have to wait for his install. We have plenty of frame slider info here for your viewing pleasure.

Sit back...read...and enjoy.
smile.gif

1)Would frame sliders have at least lessened the scratching? = A Definitely YES

2) Which are the best? I see plastic, billet, etc.. Is it just personal preference? = I Have the Nylon type and I believe there Lightning sliders

Back