For all you old fookers, there is hope! :-)

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
[URL="
Fast Fooker Here![/URL]

750sb race in Kent Washington.

Here is a you tube video of a 63 year young man we call "Old Man Lipus". The first 2:25 seconds is a boring warmup lap so skip pasts that portion if you can.

The camera is mounted on Old Man Lipus's bike. The guy who launched out front is Ross DeLong who holds be track record at this track near Seattle and also holds the track record at the only other track in Washington State, Spokane. Ross is an incredible rider.

My point is, just because you are 63 years young doesn't mean you can't ride. This guy jumps out behind Ross and keeps him in sight for a lap and a half before the race was red flagged due to a crash. If you notice, no one passed the Old Man until the red flag came out.

Since I am near the same age as Mr. Lipus, this video makes me smile. :thumbsup:

It should make others smile who think at age 63 one should have hung up thier racing leathers long ago :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
that makes me feel good at 37 :) .. means I have a lot more riding years ahead of me :thumbsup: - nice vid, thanks for the share!

Age is only in the mind most of the time! I feel my age sometimes.... but at heart I am much younger! Awesome Video!!!:beerchug: I have something to look forward too!:thumbsup:

It's nice to see older guys on the forum. @ 45 I thought I was going to be the old guy. This place is a great blend of all types and ages of riders. We can all learn from and help each other. - Al

Thanks, that was fun to watch. I love being old, life is at it's best in the 60's! Doyle

I thought you'd like that Doyle! You have to hand it to Old Man Lipus, he is a FAST old dude! You never see him win a race but he is always hanging out with the fast guys. At age 63, I think that is rather remarkable!

Back