Footpegs

rick h

Registered
I am probably one of the few riders who uses the Busa as a sport-tourer with my wife.  

I have a Yoshimura Tri-oval full exhaust which came with it's own brackets.  Unfortunately, the peg height is higher than stock and I would like a little more leg room for my wife.

Question: does anyone know if there are passenger footpeg "extenders"  out there in the market?  

Thanks
smile.gif

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies.  From what I have seen on the various sites, Sport-Touring is an option but definitely in the minority.
No problem, I still love the bike and the sites.

Tri-oval noise:  this is a relative term.  I own several Ducatis with aftermarket systems on them so, by comparison, the Yosh system is "quiet".   Even without this frame of reference the Yosh full system has a deeper, richer sound - definitely not a screamer like some of the other Gixxers' I have heard.  

"Peakiness" aside, the prime benefit of the system for me has been substanital weight reduction and better agility of the bike - really noticeable two-up.  I also have Yosh stage 1 cams, K&N's and a PCIII to smooth out the fuelling glitches at low rpms and gears.

I have the other standard touring mods too: ZG ST screen, heli-bars, center stand, corbin seats w/back-rest, ventura rack, braided lines and EBC HH pads.  

Pegs are the next step to improving the comfort factor:  I have seen some pegs for the Honda Magna (cycle-istic.com) which might work as a temporary fix but they really don't look that good for a sport bike and I was hoping that someone might have some experience or references to a machinist or fabricator who could make some custom brackets.

If you see anything please let me know.  If I do try the cycle-istic pegs I will send some photos and comments.
Thanks,
Rick
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|rick h
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096387138 -->

Back