Foot peg question.....

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
I inadvertantly (don't ask) scrapped and thus pulled the outer tip of the rubber portion up and away from the metal part of the foot peg. Can't for the life of me figure how it is supposed to seat into the metal housing!? Does it snap into place or is supposed to be glued on. Peeled it up just a tad more and there doesn't seem to be glue residue in there.
Thanks in advance-

Jim

:rulez: pix haha and I gotta ask:laugh:
Thanks a lot Jake, I owe you one! HRMPH!! :laugh:
OK, listen up and don't forget this valuable lesson.............prior to dismounting your beloved pride and joy at the gas pump, make sure the kickstand is down! ARGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!:whistle:
The pic is blurry, but you get the picture.

100_3520.jpg

I inadvertantly (don't ask) scrapped and thus pulled the outer tip of the rubber portion up and away from the metal part of the foot peg. Can't for the life of me figure how it is supposed to seat into the metal housing!? Does it snap into place or is supposed to be glued on. Peeled it up just a tad more and there doesn't seem to be glue residue in there.
Thanks in advance-

Jim

Jimbo,

There are two screws that go through the weight on the bottom of the peg and
they screw into the rubber pad...take those out and inspect the rubber pad. You
probably didn't tear the rubber and can just tuck it back in. Worst case you buy
the new rubber part...you can also get the metal part (peg) that it sits in
separately. Don't ask how I know this :whistle:

Jimbo,

There are two screws that go through the weight on the bottom of the peg and
they screw into the rubber pad...take those out and inspect the rubber pad. You
probably didn't tear the rubber and can just tuck it back in. Worst case you buy
the new rubber part...you can also get the metal part (peg) that it sits in
separately. Don't ask how I know this :whistle:
Ahhhh, Rich my main man, you're a sweetheart!! :laugh:
I'll tackle that project right now! THANKS bro!!

Yea, my first time (only I hope) I dropped mine,I was goin like .5mph, and it just had to be in public as well:spank:... so it looks like you just need to wiggle her in there. is the "feeler" broke too?

Yea, my first time (only I hope) I dropped mine,I was goin like .5mph, and it just had to be in public as well:spank:... so it looks like you just need to wiggle her in there. is the "feeler" broke too?
No feeler, ground that baby off long ago so unscrewed what was left off (outer piece).

Last edited:
Jimbo, did you go home and kick the dog?
Hey Steve..........I was so mad and confused when I got home I kicked the wife and petted the dog. Yahoo..........my new clutch lever just came in. I'll be good as new in a couple hours! :laugh:
Funny how things can happen; no more than one hour later on the way back home from a ride in the Sierras, a deer jumped out in the road between the lead bike (Pacemaster) and me. WHEW...............thank goodness she decided to stop dead in her tracks smack dab in the middle of the road! I put my foot out and she retreated back to where she appeared from. We weren't going too fast, maybe 40 - 45 at the time, but it still could have been ugly. :please:

Back