Flywheel

Mike Chambers

Registered
Anyone have a flywheel for a gen1 hayabusa? My mate here in Auckland NZ is on the hunt for his 1999 busa. Des James who owns the bike is owner of Drury performance motorcycle centre in Auckland is the man on the search . Price would need to include shipping and what ever the exchange rate would be . Thanks team

Reactions: pcs
sorry - i´m german
so whatfor does he need a (16bit / with 8 notches) flywheel, the rotor around the generators stator ? (lh of the engine)
see no. 2 at this fiche
MAGNETO.jpg

or do u ask for the starter´s clutch / flywheel (rh of the engine)
see this fiche
STARTER_CLUTCH_(MODEL_X,Y,K1,K2).jpg

Last edited:
jo gregg,

a lill joke is always nice - i guess i know where it comes from - looooool - even if my name were Hans
- it's just stupid that I don't drink beer - for over 30 years now
- two sips and my stomach says "hello to me" and immediately sends me something to eat .

sorry guys

but i have to ask again - what the heck do ya call flywheel ?

i ask because i´m german and i wanna train my "english"

sorry guys

but i have to ask again - what the heck do ya call flywheel ?

i ask because i´m german and i wanna train my "english"
Frank, OP is a kiwi so I’ll give you my translation of a flywheel in kiwi speak….
I reckon it’s the magneto rotor that spins a round the stator coil.
NOT the starter clutch assembly.
P.s. your English has improved shed loads since you’ve been posting here!

Frank, OP is a kiwi so I’ll give you my translation of a flywheel in kiwi speak….
I reckon it’s the magneto rotor that spins a round the stator coil.
NOT the starter clutch assembly.
P.s. your English has improved shed loads since you’ve been posting here!

Yes, this^
and just an FYI for @Berlin Germany
in the U.S. a flywheel in a car or truck is a different part than on a motorcycle.
In a manual transmission car/truck, the flywheel is the large, flat, disc bolted to the transmission side of the crankshaft that the clutch disc engages against.
The same part that has a 'ring gear' around it to engage the starter.
On an automatic car/truck transmission, this disc is much thinner, as it's only job is to support the ring gear on the starter, and it is called a flex plate instead of a flywheel.

Some one scared the original poster off

Are you looking for 99 to 01 or -2 and up
16 bit verses 32 bit ecu

Back