FLASH OF LIGHT ? LIGHT BACKFIRE?

boney1

The Tattooed Blurr
Registered
ok heres what happened, riding home last night pretty chilly toolin home,about 50 degrees. crusin about 120mph saw a flash of light i was kind of in the zone and snapped out of it just when i saw it again, first i thought it was a cop but there was no one behind me, one more flash from behind i straightened up and let off the gas and got a couple low sounding back fires out the pipe. what the heck was it? just for background i have a 2001 busa, small airbox, full akrapovic, pcII, pair gone, tre on, dynoed, any ideas what i saw? was it just a little unburnt fuel flaming out the pipe? im confused the full akrapovic has only been on for about 9 days? i dont know. let me know thanks :sad:

You've just had a close encounter of the 4th kind. Has anyone else reported UFO's or USH's in your area

(unidentified Suzuki Hayabusa's ) ... incase u were wondering :tounge:

How did you see a backfire behind you? Was it the reflection on trees or your in mirrors? Massive acceleration has caused halucinations in the past.......

This is your brain on BUSA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ohh! Just kidding ya.

Could it have been a double reflection of your headlight? 120 at night is dangeous if Bambi is around.

i didnt see the back fire i heard it when i sat up and let off the throttle, im wondering if the flash i saw was a back fire reflecting in my mirrors like a blue flame. it was really dark last night so i dont know, im gonna re inact it again tonight to see what happens. does anyone have an akrapovic that has had any flame come out the pipe? i dunno kinda spooked me.

i didnt see the back fire i heard it when i sat up and let off the throttle, im wondering if the flash i saw was a back fire reflecting in my mirrors like a blue flame. it was really dark last night so i dont know, im gonna re inact it again tonight to see what happens. does anyone have an akrapovic that has had any flame come out the pipe?  i dunno kinda spooked me.
You sure you wasn't on the couch light'n farts, dude? :super: :laugh:

well thanks for all the kind words, lol but its my exhaust if i ride steady at like 9,000 rpm a small amout of gas builds up and when i let off b4 a bend i get a puff of blue flame that is brite enough i see it in my mirror from the corner of my eye not all the time just when im holdin steady in high rpms, and let off quick. time to go back to the dyno to find out why. and by the way BulletTrain im forbidden by law to light the gas from my butt by law. :laugh:

think yourself lucky, if you see flashes behind you here in the uk, you are shitting yourself every time the mail man comes for about two weeks. speed cameras who needs or wants them. oh yeah i forgot its for the greedy b@?t\r@d government yet again!!! you can get jailed for anything over 100mph here!:mad:

Back