First set of newb questions

staylor

Registered
Hey all! Figure I should get some general questions about my new Busa out of the way. Thanks again for the awesome reception in my introduction post btw!

So, I see from much reading that almost all Busa owners eventually get into doing a few mods here and there. I'm definitely intrigued but figure I won't be able to do too many, if any, without invalidating my warranty. I haven't had a chance to talk with the shop from where I bought mine yet, but I figure this group will know even better - Do I have to wait until I'm out from under my warranty before doing/having any mods? I figure this is a YES... but I'm hopeful for otherwise. I certainly wouldn't mind a better exhaust system in the near future, but I definitely wanna keep that warranty for as long as possible.

Second question - I'd like to change the oil asap (only got 120 miles on it), rather than wait until the 600 maint. I just don't like the idea of having any possible shavings/debree moving around the motor for the next 500 miles, in the event that there is any there. I figure better safe than sorry. Is this a reasonable philosophy?

Thanks in advance for all advice. Looking forward to learning much from all of you.

Scott

Welcome Scott,
I have a warranty on my 08 and had no problem from the shop where I got my bike. They even wanted to sell me there exhaust but is was too much but did not mine I got is else ware.

I did my first oil change at 100 and my second around 700 and let the dealer do it because of my warranty.

Hey Scott,

I'm on my second 'busa, had on '06 and now the '08. I put slipon Two Brothers on the '08 at about 25 miles. I just couldn't stand the sound & weight of the stock pipes. I also do all my own routine maintaince. According to my dealer this will not invalidate my warranty. I be sure to use OEM filters and keep a record of all work done. I did the first oil change at 100 miles, then 600 miles and then around every 3,000 miles. IMO--cheap insurance. Plus I find the bike shifts better with cleaner oil (might just be my imagination). Welcome to the 'busa world. Your days of moding have just begun!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Bolt on mods shouldn't void warranty and neither should doing your own maintenance. Just keep all your parts slips from the oil and filters for proof if needed down the road.

Bolt on mods shouldn't void warranty and neither should doing your own maintenance. Just keep all your parts slips from the oil and filters for proof if needed down the road.
Thanks! And thats what I was hoping to hear, Bike Dude. I'll tell ya though, since I've started shopping through the various brands and options, I'm a tad overwhelmed with all the choices. There appear to be a number of "top" brands to pick from. I'm guessing most are fine and perhaps it boils down to cosmetic preference?

Is there a general consensus among most here on a few brands you can't go wrong with? Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all
Scott

Back