First bad @ss race

Youkai

Registered
Cliff Notes at bottom.
Race: 50-125/130
Racers:
05 Hayabusa - BMC, PCIIIR, Full Micron exhaust, Online Map, no clutchless shifting
03-04 Mach I - Supercharger (probably supporting mods), 315 Tires (I think, they were wide), w/ a passenger

I have nothing but respect for any fast car, this is no exception.

I was cruising on Gratiot with my riding buddy and we got a fly-by to the sounds of a wicked supercharger whine. A white with black stripe mustang mach I came up on us and was ready to run.

I dropped to first and I think we hit at the same time (if not I got the hit), I don't know the distance between us but I let off at about 125 and looked back and he was a car behind me.

After the race, I was told by a chase car (05-06 saleen mustang) he put about 750 to the wheels. I may have sounded like an @ss to the Mach because the chase car said I lost so I offered another race to the Mach I. I am sorry if I did, nothing but tons of respect to a bad @ss car .

Notes:
Raced a 750whp Mach I and was ahead by at least 1 car.

anyting above 700+ thats a fast ass car. but the busa ass kicked some 550hp cars asses i know.
wow.gif

Hey i'm in saginaw, mi so thanks for alerting me of this. Will keep my eye out. Sounds like the guy in the saleen might have been the ass making assumptions about something he was too far behind to see.
laugh.gif
Or Maybe he's a salesmen at the ford/saleen stealership on freeland road who knows.

good run though mang. I don't play too much bullshit on the street anymore. Sometimes they'll be an exception but otherwise if i see any cage be it hatchback, sports car, truck, whatever running hard and getting close i just tromp on it and just end it all right there for them. If they try keeping up or running with me then shame on them when they crack their ride up or have deal with the police. I know theres some fast cars out there and I Just don't like the idea of a 3000ib object driven by someone who thinks they're in total control running close to me at ludicris speeds at all.

(COLDSTONE1298 @ Sep. 17 2006,02:14)  I know theres some fast cars out there and I Just don't like the idea of a 3000ib object driven by someone who thinks they're in total control running close to me at ludicris speeds at all.
Amen to that one!!!!

(Un-Caged @ Sep. 17 2006,11:55) +2 They usually won't even let cars run bikes at the strip.

Still...good kill.  
beerchug.gif
I got the impression that this was not at the strip. Never seen a chase car at the strip.

Entry level for beating a Busa straight line would be a video I saw of an 850 HP twin turbo Viper from a 70 MPH roll. Not many cars rolling around on that on the street.

P.S.- The turbo Busa that ran him next DID hand him his ass.

We need some info on this Mach 1 because I don't believe he was putting down 750rwhp. I don't know of many Mach 1's running those numbers with a Supercharger on the street. I would like to see some pics and info on it. I would believe it if it was Twin-Turbo but not Supercharged. Don't get me wrong, it's possible I just haven't heard of many of those setups on a Mach 1 "streetcar."

You should have won by a lot more than 1-car length even if it was pulling 750rwhp. Especially if you went from 1st gear. If it was from 100mph the results sound right but from 1st-gear you should have destroyed him.....

Unless he's a big boy riding the Busa. Rider weight can dramaticly alter a bikes performance.

(Got-Busa? @ Sep. 17 2006,11:17) We need some info on this Mach 1 because I don't believe he was putting down 750rwhp.  I don't know of many Mach 1's running those numbers with a Supercharger on the street.  I would like to see some pics and info on it.  I would believe it if it was Twin-Turbo but not Supercharged.  Don't get me wrong, it's possible I just haven't heard of many of those setups on a Mach 1 "streetcar."

You should have won by a lot more than 1-car length even if it was pulling 750rwhp.  Especially if you went from 1st gear.  If it was from 100mph the results sound right but from 1st-gear you should have destroyed him.....
+1

I can't get any info on the car, was just a chance encounter on the street. I wish I could have talked with him afterwards.

I weigh approx 240lbs but I admit I am not the best rider. Best 60ft 1.9, but this was a roll race and I don't clutchless shift which can dramatically help. Just shifting normal.

Get in a tuck, drop the hammer and shift with your wrist... That'll smoke'm
I am with Got Busa on the BS call of his claimed 750 to the asphalt. Maybe with a overbuilt bottom end and a huge single Garrett or high boost twin T3/T4 set-up. Everything would have to be perfect....
If he had an 03+ cobra motor with a kenne bell, pulley, exhaust and fuel, he'd only be looking at around 600 at the crank...
The only way to get power like that easily would be a custom Navi 5.4 32V setup on mad boost.

okay,...I've asked this before....but don't fully understand....seems like many of you guys hit very high speeds 100 to 125mph+ and in first or second gear. Is there risk of blowing tranny in low gears at high speeds>? I know the limited kicks in at 11k rpm but when I am in first and take the busa to 60.....I just get the feeling that everything might explode in the engine.....but I have the feeling that the busa is built for this type of action and it would make me a better racer to stay in the lower gears as long as possible....

can someone "school me" in this....you can actually go 100 mph in 1st or 2nd gear and not harm the bike?
rock.gif

(Projekt @ Sep. 19 2006,08:flamethrowing:) Get in a tuck, drop the hammer and shift with your wrist... That'll smoke'm
I am with Got Busa on the BS call of his claimed 750 to the asphalt. Maybe with a overbuilt bottom end and a huge single Garrett or high boost twin T3/T4 set-up. Everything would have to be perfect....
If he had an 03+ cobra motor with a kenne bell, pulley, exhaust and fuel, he'd only be looking at around 600 at the crank...
The only way to get power like that easily would be a custom Navi 5.4 32V setup on mad boost.
No offense but with a built motor and Kenne-Bell roots type blower, 620rwhp is easily possible. Most of the Mach 1 guys go for a Vortec or Pro-Charger setup so they don't have to swap out the intake which typically pull closer to 420-480-rwhp.

He's got to have some serious money into it if he's got 750rwhp. It's very possilbe, I'm just curious on his setup....
cool.gif

(babuski @ Sep. 19 2006,08:50) okay,...I've asked this before....but don't fully understand....seems like many of you guys hit very high speeds 100 to 125mph+  and in first or second gear.  Is there risk of blowing tranny in low gears at high speeds>?  I know the limited kicks in at 11k rpm but when I am in first and take the busa to 60.....I just get the feeling that everything might explode in the engine.....but I have the feeling that the busa is built for this type of action and it would make me a better racer to stay in the lower gears as long as possible....

can someone "school me" in this....you can actually go 100 mph in 1st or 2nd gear and not harm the bike?
rock.gif
babuski,

100mph in first gear isn't happening with stock gearing. We are talking about 2 different scenarios. A slow roll in first gear or a highway race starting in 2nd or 3rd gear depending on the speed and your gearing.

I wouldn't recommend hitting the REV-limiter on a daily basis. A couple of times and you might not hurt anything but if you keep it up, the bike is going to have problems.

Shift as high as possible WITHOUT hitting the REV-limiter......
wink.gif

(Got-Busa? @ Sep. 19 2006,11:03)
(Projekt @ Sep. 19 2006,08
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) Get in a tuck, drop the hammer and shift with your wrist... That'll smoke'm
No offense but with a built motor and Kenne-Bell roots type blower, 620rwhp is easily possible.  Most of the Mach 1 guys go for a Vortec or Pro-Charger setup so they don't have to swap out the intake which typically pull closer to 420-480-rwhp.

He's got to have some serious money into it if he's got 750rwhp.  It's very possilbe, I'm just curious on his setup....  
cool.gif
SPRAY!

Back