Finished Performance Modifications

Exactly what do the Factory Flow Velocity Stacks do?

Breathe air faster/efficiently?

(Over_Easy @ Dec. 22 2006,22:03) Exactly what do the Factory Flow Velocity Stacks do?

Breathe air faster/efficiently?
Increase the air velocity and they claim to be able to increase true horsepower 2 to 6 HP. I am getting a the machine dyno'd Tuesday with a custom map so we will see. Increasing the volume of air does nothing if you can't add more fuel to the mixture.

This is from their website.

null
Key Features:

"Get serious Factory Pro 2 to 6 True hp power boost with patent pending FP Billet Velocity Stacks - Better speed and acceleration. Just slightly more complex to install than an air filter change! Under 1 hour installation with average hand tool skills in most apps. Increased airflow, producing significant hp gains without compromising powerband. Improved inlet radius for better powerband control - Stronger power where you need it. Improved inner diameter design intensifies the engine response crispness at part and full throttle conditions. Factory Pro "Velocity Tongue" featured on some stacks. Adds that beautiful highly tuned intake howl that the Factory Pro Superflare stacks are famous for. Installs using your stock airbox and stock or aftermarket air filter."

I was getting ready to order a set of stack from Schnitz when Greg suggested that I try these.

Let us know how the Factory Pro Superflare Stacks work out. on there site if you click or search under Hayabusa they claim a "HEALTHY +6 to +8 True HP"
Sounds like a big claim from what people have gotten from other stacks.
I did talk to them and they said they developed them by testing different sizes and lenghts on a Dyno untill they found out what worked best. But I never heard anyone say they have used them, would like to know what kind of results they had.
It's also interesting that they dont have a flair like the other aftermarket ones have.
I see they have some update info on there site, When I called a while back the guy said the diameter was smaller than the stock stacks I believe. But he wasn't possitive about there diameter though.

Quote from there site
Ok.... Techy Stuff
The stock and the "short" 750 or busa 48mm stacks are poorly shaped and the "other" aftermarket 50mm stacks are simply not what an engine wants. Heck! Even if 50mm was better than 48 (and it's not...) why wouldn't we make 52mm and they'd be even better (52's are even worse than 50's on a engine, btw!)

What Factory Pro made was what the engine's intake tract actually wanted with stock diameter throttle bodies.
So, in jest, STOP calling up and asking "How big are they?" as if you knew that bigger is always better..... In an engine, proper matching of engine requirements is the key to making Best Power and if they wanted to be bigger, we would have made bigger.... It's only a slight change in CNC programming....
Ok - If you REALLY want, I'll make some 52's special for you and they will work even worse than the "other" 50mm aftermarket stacks.....

Bigger isn't Better when it doesn't fit the application.........

VP! Love that stuff,I keep a barrel around or 2 myself.
beerchug.gif

Unless your motor is 13 to 1 or you are running a Turbo....DO NOT USE RACE GAS in your bike...it will make LESS HP in a stock motor and can FUGG it up
wow.gif

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 23 2006,10:56) Unless your motor is 13 to 1 or you are running a Turbo....DO NOT USE RACE GAS in your bike...it will make LESS HP in a stock motor and can FUGG it up  
wow.gif
Depends on what you are talking about, I am not running nitros or a turbo charger.  The StreetBlaze 103 and MS103 (same) are for use in engines with compression ratios up to 14:1 and the Hayabusa is at 11:1.  They are street legal unleaded fuels and have a motor octane number of 99 and a R+M/2 of 103.  I remember getting Chevron Custom Supreme straight from the pump and it was rated at 113 Octane.  Never hurt a motor, car or motorcycle, while using it.  There are allot of factors with selecting a fuel, Octane rating, burning speed, energy value (btu's per lb.) and cooling effect.  But generally speaking, the higher the compression the higher octane fuel you will require.  I reviewed the product guide and talked at length with the distributor about what I needed.  This is sweet stuff and I love the smell of high octane exhaust in the morning.  Does it make a difference?  I'll know Tuesday when I get it dyno'd.

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/index2.html

(dmrowe @ Dec. 23 2006,19:12)
(BA BUSA @ Dec. 23 2006,10:56) Unless your motor is 13 to 1 or you are running a Turbo....DO NOT USE RACE GAS in your bike...it will make LESS HP in a stock motor and can FUGG it up  
wow.gif
Depends on what you are talking about, I am not running nitros or a turbo charger.  The StreetBlaze 103 and MS103 (same) are for use in engines with compression ratios up to 14:1 and the Hayabusa is at 11:1.  They are street legal unleaded fuels and have a motor octane number of 99 and a R+M/2 of 103.  I remember getting Chevron Custom Supreme straight from the pump and it was rated at 113 Octane.  Never hurt a motor, car or motorcycle, while using it.  There are allot of factors with selecting a fuel, Octane rating, burning speed, energy value (btu's per lb.) and cooling effect.  But generally speaking, the higher the compression the higher octane fuel you will require.  I reviewed the product guide and talked at length with the distributor about what I needed.  This is sweet stuff and I love the smell of high octane exhaust in the morning.  Does it make a difference?  I'll know Tuesday when I get it dyno'd.

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/index2.html
It's not going to DAMAGE the motor...but run it first on 87, then use the race gas...it will make LESS HP on the race gas
wink.gif

dmrowe, once your bike is properly mapped for the mods you are using, guess you will need two maps for each type of fuel...it will run strong...dynojet now has a unit that will allow you to hold and use a few maps at the touch of a button..might be in your best interest to get it. This way you can have a map for your VP fuel and one for pump gas...we will do a lot of testing over the winter...curious what your numbers look like but more importantly the fuel/air curve and TQ...send me your results please, the biggest factor with adding mods is getting the bike properly dialed in.....good to see you are headed in the right direction.

Thanks Greg, please keep me posted. What can you tell me about the PC Ignition Module? Is there no way to adjust ignition timing without one?

(dmrowe @ Dec. 23 2006,19:43) Thanks Greg, please keep me posted.  What can you tell me about the PC Ignition Module?  Is there no way to adjust ignition timing without one?
I will shoot you a PM..

(Busa Dreamin @ Dec. 23 2006,09:16) Let us know how the Factory Pro Superflare Stacks work out. on there site if you click or search under Hayabusa they claim a "HEALTHY +6 to +8 True HP"
Sounds like a big claim from what people have gotten from other stacks.
I did talk to them and they said they developed them by testing different sizes and lenghts on a Dyno untill they found out what worked best. But I never heard anyone say they have used them, would like to know what kind of results they had.
It's also interesting that they dont have a flair like the other aftermarket ones have.
I see they have some update info on there site, When I called a while back the guy said the diameter was smaller than the stock stacks I believe. But he wasn't possitive about there diameter though.

Quote from there site
Ok.... Techy Stuff
The stock and the "short" 750 or busa 48mm stacks are poorly shaped and the "other" aftermarket 50mm stacks are simply not what an engine wants. Heck! Even if 50mm was better than 48 (and it's not...) why wouldn't we make 52mm and they'd be even better (52's are even worse than 50's on a engine, btw!)

What Factory Pro made was what the engine's intake tract actually wanted with stock diameter throttle bodies.
So, in jest, STOP calling up and asking "How big are they?" as if you knew that bigger is always better..... In an engine, proper matching of engine requirements is the key to making Best Power and if they wanted to be bigger, we would have made bigger.... It's only a slight change in CNC programming....
Ok - If you REALLY want, I'll make some 52's special for you and they will work even worse than the "other" 50mm aftermarket stacks.....

Bigger isn't Better when it doesn't fit the application.........
I know you always have to take these claims of big hp with a grain of salt. HP improvements are not cumlative and there is only so much you can do with a stock engine or one that is normally aspirated. My hopes are to make the engine as effecient as possible, lighten the bike where possible and then enjoy the ride.

Here are the Dyno results, I posted these over under the Dyno thread also.  Factory Pro vs. 4 stock short stacks yielded disappointing results.

GSX1300RDyno.png

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 27 2006,13:54) On the Dyno you don't have any RAM AIR  
all_coholic.gif
Didn't even think about that, but wouldn't you think that the stock shorty's would work even better with pressure in the box?

Short tubes are better for HP...long ones are better for Torque.

On the dyno you only have the fans to keep the engine from over heating...in the real world on a Busa @ 8000RPM in 4th gear you're doing 130mph+....RAM AIR  
super.gif

There is no PRESSURE in the air box on the dyno  
sad.gif

Just posted the final dyno results over under the 'Dyno Kings' thread. I had the Factory Pro V-stacks removed and 4 Suzuki stock short stacks installed.  Ran the test with 87 Octane. Results were 178.32 HP and 106.75 Max Torque using 4 short stock V-stacks.  A/F runs between 13.29 and 13.25.  Lee's said this is the best HP producing pipe they have seen to date.   Compliments to Greg for his recommendation on Tsukigi exhaust, Quinten and Jody at Lee's for  having the patience to deal with me and the bike for the past two days in my quest to 'get it right'.  AND thanks for the valued input from the other board members.
biggrin.gif

FinalDynoResultsGSX1300R.jpg

Looks good. Am having trouble seeing some of the pic's. Just getting a red X for most of them. Everybody else see the pics OK?

(tilla @ Dec. 29 2006,09:24) Looks good.  Am having trouble seeing some of the pic's.  Just getting a red X for most of them.  Everybody else see the pics OK?
Krap..the red x's are my fault. I started deleting images from my photobucket account.

Back