FINALLY SOME QUALITY TRACK TIME!PROGRESS

OB_THE MOTORHEAD

Registered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK REMEMBER THE BIKE IS NOT LOWERED ACTUALLY IT IS 1/2 INCH HIGHER IN THE FRONT TO CLEAR THE INNER COOLER.NOT STRAPPED STOCK SUSPENSION SETTINGS AND 35#OF AIR IN REAR TIRE WHEEL BASE IS AT 62 1/4 INCHES GEARING IS 18/ 40 FOOT SHIFTING WITH NO KILL JUST CHOPPING THE THROTTLE.CORRECTED ELEVATION WAS 2600 FEET AT RACE TIME.MY BEST PASS WAS A 1.61 60' 4.203-330 6.150-1/8 @120.65MPH-1000'-7.770 1/4 ET 9.135@165.50. ON A NEW OEM TIRE AND PUMP GAS 12-14 # BOOST 12# FLASHING 14# NOW TIME TO GET BACK TO WORKIN

Was wondering what you thought about the kit from B.A.D. I know the MCexpress kit is the best and most expensive and the best for drag racing. I am considering one only for street use and B.A.D. and others claim 225 to 250 hp. without having to pull the cylinders to insert the spacer like you should on the MCx.

wondering now...

I think I'm afraid.

[This message has been edited by 'lantabusa (edited 07 August 2000).]

i have not heard of anyone recieving the badd.the mc express is the best for the street which is what i drive everyday to work.when will some one get a badd system?

hey whatever ya like.i realy had not planned on racin indy cause of the red tape and wiating.i'll see what happens this week.guess i'd put the shifter in mine don't think i'm doin the clutch mod though.too bad i was on a better pass but blew it.

[This message has been edited by MOTORHEAD (edited 07 August 2000).]

sat i guess but unless i go in a truck with room the bike won't go'its too long of a ride and i would get in trouble if i rode there .we'll see.

The mcxpress system is the best system out there period!!! I only carry the best products out there and this is one I gladly stand behind and so will you if ya race dennis ,frank! :Dhehehehe There is a reason that the kit requires you to install a base spacer and a reason it comes with an intercooler...its called reliability..something everybody wants if they pay good money right! Not only that but performance is outstanding...compare power levels and such ...hey Dennis you blowing oil out of the turbo??? NO not even after 16 passes one after the other??NO how about you boosta??? ANy problems??? 1000 miles on the bike and still riding it like a stocker except alittle more carefull. ...mcxpress has been turbocharging bikes for many. many years and the experience shows in the performance and reliablity. Like they say you get what you pay for! But hey I give thumbs up to anyone who rides a turbo bike!!!
later,
sebby@NLR

i do not go to w/o till 3rd gear.i'll work on that soon.i figure it will go maybe 880s and i'll be happy at 8 anything.remember my short times are without any clutch mod.the real stiff springs eliminated the grabbyness.

Those are all reasons why I want to beat up on your bike now Dennis, Before to much longer cause I know I wont have a chance once your all dialed...!

TMH,
Way to go. Good 60', I imagine it'd be easy to blaze the tire or launch the front end to the moon with that kind of power. The back half of the track must be a helluva rush too(120-166mph, oh yeah).

MOTOR,

Good progress!! Your short times are getting to where they should be. I can tell by your 1/8 et/mph that you are having to go easy thru the lower gears. At what point are you getting WFO?? Best of luck on a speedy entry into the 8 sec club.

Dave

MOTORHEAD: That is very impressive considering that you have no chassis mods. You are riding the hell out of the bike.

that is a nice 60' time without it being lowered or strapped! obviously, the times only can get better once the beast/boost kicks in. be careful.

Back