FINALLY! my full yosh system installed!

OB_hiabuser

Registered
well, i've gotten it installed. and as some of you are aware, a lot of people wanted to know a lot about it. well, i've heard lot's of comments about akrapovic's full system. and how if we had hit their plant, they'd have to SETTLE FOR A YOSH SYSTEM. well, i may be somewhat biased in this, (mainly due to all the years of suzuki and yosh collaboration) anyway, the fit and finish were superb. i got the 4-2-1 stainless system with the ti canister. as per usual, (this is my third full system from yosh) the fit was phenomenal. the finish was beautiful. actually, for a pipe that took so long to get, i expected kinda shoddy workmanship as they rush to get them on the streets. looks like they took the time to do it right. it looks better than either of the two systems i've gotten in the past. almost looks "chrome" as opposed to stainless. the ti canister is clean and well made. new desing too, not the tri-oval, didn't want that, but has kinda like (for the lack of better words) "straps" like the old kerker pipes sorta, at the ends of the can. fit was incredible. took more time to take the factory one off than to install the yosh. one bit of advice though, take the radiator and oil cooler all the way down. this may seem unecessary at the time, but man, getting the springs on the header pipe in the two middle parts was a bitch. can be done, but would be much quicker and simpler and less bloodshed than just loosening the radiater. lol anyway, sounds INCREDIBLE. not extremely loud, (will get louder as some of the initial packing burns up) but VERY, VERY, DEEP! sounds great. haven't had time to remap the fuel injection yet, will do it very soon and will post results and specs as soon as i do. (still don't have all the body parts to replace the damaged ones yet so i din't bother to ride it. no headlight or turnsignals) but man it sounds great. will keep you posted.
mike

I ordered mine on 6/3/99 on-line. I called Yoshimura and got the part # then submitted my order. The next day I received a call from Yosh telling me that the expected date of arrival is 6/18- That sure beats any of the other responses I got from the distributors. Yosh will only sell direct online though. I got the stainless with the carbon fiber can for $825.00

No he means 4 into 2 into 1 :)
I just help my buddy install his yosh system
I have mine on order. it gained about 6 hp on the dyno but not until we remaped the computer. How ever if you look at it it is an almost bend for bend replica of the stock pipe!! It just goes to show ya Suzuki did everything right on this bike. The reason the pipes were late was because they couldnt come up with a system better than the stock set-up...

but its a lot lighter
sound superb !
looks better thant he stock system.

speed, it isn't quite exact. it is quite close but not that exact. main difference is the tapered headers. larger diameter tubing. and of course the weight. but only 6 hp on the dyno after the remapping and pipe? something's not quite right there. i got more than that with just the pipe. still need to get the remapping. i want to get numbers for each step. maybe the settings aren't quite right on the remapping. i don't know. conditions coulda been different as well. was that corrected? interested in knowing.
mike

speed, don't know which system you got, but mine definately has tapered headers. no question about it. and the diameter of the pipes on the yosh is definately larger. kawabuser, definately have to remap the fuel injection with the full system. instructions say so, and the bike says so when you hit the throttle. lol
mike
p.s. mine is the stainless full 4-2-1 system with the titanium canister.

p.s. speed, the dyno sheet with the pipe shows increments of like 20 rwhp. that's why it doesn't look like much. read it again. not bad for just a pipe.
mike

I tell you what. It looked EXACTLY like the stock system same size right down to the cross-over pipe bewteen 2&3. What system did you get?

The dyno sheed that sent with didnt show much of a gain either ? who knows. But it definately sound'd better and made the bike lighter if nothing else. Kinda Expensive just for looks :(

I will dyno mine after I put my pipe on in a few weeks. It will be better after I see two bike with the same pipe dyno on the same dyno .

Hmm It looks like there are 2 different Youshi pipes here.
So now we have to get the "right" one.
The ones with tapered headers seems to be the bollox , but if I order one and get the wrong one...?
Awwgggg Isnt life supposed to be simple ?
I settle for a Akrapovic.
heheheh ( hmmm I have said so many good things about akrapovic and McXpress Turboes here , I must get a discount soon heheheh )

I think I orded the the R146-RRD-B What part number did you order that had the tappered headers. I want to make sure that I get the correct system :) It was ordered so I have 6 weeks to figure out which one I need/want.

Thanks!!

Back