Finally, finally, FINALLY got my Busa!!

Good things come to those who wait! Tonight I rode home on the new (166 miles) copper 99 Busa originally owned by the late Mr. Mike Burns, record-setting sidecar racer.

Turbo Rick helped me find it, and Waltman came through at the last minute to drive me up to Palm Springs from LA to pick up the bike. Ducmanic came along to witness the acquisition. Those guys are the coolest friends anyone could have.

Thanks, fellas...time to ride!!! :) :) :)

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 06 February 2000).]

Thanks, guys. I got a Hayabusa based of the "Seat of the pants" test. I don't think I could ever bring myself to actually drop the cash on a bike unless I got at least one short ride on one of them. No matter how cool it looks, no matter what the specs say or what the magazine reviews say, I have to actually get a ride on one.

Waltman fixed that the first time I met him. He rolled up on his copper Busa with all of 2,000 miles on it. He hopped off, shook my hand, and said "Nice to meet you. Wanna take my Busa for a cruise?" And held his key out in front of me. I was blown away...I almost wanted to say "Ah, no thanks, I couldn't do that." But I did, and after about two blocks I knew I had to have one.

This thing is simply a better mousetrap. :)

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 06 February 2000).]

Big Congrads Bear. Thought we might lose you to the dark side there for a while (zx12) but you have seen the light! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I was not sure which way you were going to go. Why the Busa? I'm Curious
Be NICE to her for break in
Bob

CONGRATULATIONS,
Copper is Faster the ultimate color choice!

Very cool heritage with that bike, be careful of the GS1100E parked near by. If you hear strange sounds from the garage the old gal may be fussing up over this new babe you brought home. What ever you do don't chain them together, you might find a real mess in the morning.

Only a mousetrap in that you get trapped in the saddle, because it's too darned fun riding to go home!

The LABusas guys are doing track days at Willow Springs. I'm hoping to make it to a few of those. Ducmanic apparently scared the local squids sheetless on his black one there a couple weeks ago. He ground up his lower bodywork pretty good, though. :)

Mr. Bear-Congrats on the Busa. Yes, it IS a better mousetrap-well put. If you like twisties then sign up for a track school. Dispite being a heavyweight the Busa can get around pretty well and there's no better motorcycle rush that I know of-nice turns,nice pavement, no speed limits,no cops, and no cars. There's nothing quite like riding a Busa hard with no restrictions.....enjoy!

Bear.. You bought the right bike...

Life's too short to dance with an ugly woman no matter how fast she is. Especially when there's a prettier one around.

In the immortal words of Frank Adams "Hang on. It ain't no Honda".

Congrats Mr. Bear
I have a new Red and Gray, bought 1-3-00 and did not get a test ride before buying it and haven't gotten to test ride it after buying it. The weather just has not be co-operating. I purchased the bike on what the guys on .org said about the bike and what I read, shucks I have only seen two others ones. Sure hope I won't be disappointed, and I bet 10 big ones that I won't!!

FF-

Got my 2k blue on 1/22
Been riding it nearly every dry/semi-dry day.
You will NOT be disappointed. I'm probably not the best judge of these things, coming from a 600 bandit, but this busa gives me the ultimate permenant **** eating grin every time i get on it. I can scare myself at will on the freeway, cornering, and getting on it at traffic lights.

Best damn money i ever spent!

Congrats,
Do you feel up for a ride to La this weekend. two copper busa's at 180 on I-5 would be fun. let me know, enjoy the new ride.

Scotty, it's a definite possibility if this rain stops!

FF, the Busa is pretty battle-ready in riding position. I like it, but for as fully-outfitted in sport-tourer mode as it is (definitely not a bare-bones track bike), you won't ever mistake it for a BMW. There's a lot of machinery underneath you, but it all works together really well.

I bet several beers you'll love it. The main thing that has struck me so far is how deceptive it is about going fast. The wind-tunnel work shows. The bodywork and the rider position make it so you get really low wind noise considering you are above the fairing, not behind it. The buffeting from wind at highway speed is amazingly low.

That, coupled with the fact that in sixth gear the engine is still snoozing at 100 mph, makes it seem like you are going slower than you are. At night on an open stretch of interstate, it makes going 100 feel to me like about 75. The thing doesn't seem fast, it just makes the rest of the world seem really slow.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 10 February 2000).]

It's hard to hold back on that baby, it goes fast so easy. I'll definitely be making a few rides up to LA in the near future, Waltman. See ya soon. Thanks again for the help. :)

P.S. Stogies are on me, Walt!

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 11 February 2000).]

Herm, how many miles in the bike so far? I am looking forward for the cigars. Enjoy!!

I have to agree with Insinu8, I haven't been able to even look at it yet without getting a big smile on my face. Literally. I was sitting at work today, working next to my bosses wife, and I started thinking about the Busa. I haven't ridden it to work yet, and haven't talked about it there yet. I just started smiling. I don't know if she noticed, but I got worried she might start to think something was odd. I figured I better think about something else. It's like that, a smile factor second to none. :)

Back