FEW things I found out this weekend...

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
1. It seems I am more adept at helping Gixerhp install HID kits than workin on my own bike.???

2. Blanca makes fairing removals look easy when in actuality they're not:laugh:.

3. It seems I won't be putting on those fairing screens after all.:banghead:

4. Gasket sealer, Goop and a soldering iron are not items I should be allowed to handle.???

5. If you're working with gasket sealer and accidently rub your lip creating a Hitler mustache, don't expect your wife to tell you, expect her to tell the neighbors to come check on you working on the bike in the yard...so they can laugh at your expense without telling you either....

6.Yes... dogs WILL chew on just about anything...

7. Jessee doesn't have fairing screens on his bike either, and doesn't know anything about the topic:laugh:

8. When you're working on your bike all weekend, none of your "socalled" friends want to stop by and help you.

Except for this 1 thing...

I searched high and low on Saturday for the Mobil 4T so I could change the oil on Kayma, and to my surprise everyone was tapped out. Couldn't find oil at Autozone, NAPA, Wally World or 4 motocycle shops. In the midst of my frustration I reached out to to Dave ( Dozerdiver) to see if he knew a suitable alternative that I could buy while I was running all over god's creation.
Dave calls me and tells me there's some at the Super wally world south of him. For those who may not know how to appreciate this...It would have taken me about 2 hrs round trip to go grab that oil, but Dozerdriver not only volunteered to grab it for me, he also brought it to MY HOUSE so that I could keep working on the bike.:bowdown::thumbsup:

Suffice it to say I owe you a HUGE thank you my friend, and I will look to return that type of generosity in the future. Dave and his friends kept me company for a while and it was greatly appreciated as well.:thumbsup:

Bike's done, no fairing screens...oh well

Cheers! Thanks again Dave!:thumbsup::bowdown:

It is funny how we learn things like this. Now, how about some pics of said mustache? :laugh:

Sounds like a great weekend to me :beerchug: :p

I second the request for photos of said mustache :laugh:

I love the "working on my bike" stories...Lycan you are pure gold my friend! :thumbsup:

It took me more than an hour to get each side off first time .
Practice makes perfect .
Go do it ten more times and then on the eleventh it won't seem so hard !
:rofl:

I am same way .
If I am helping another man I'm king and it comes out looking like the factory did it .
Work on my bike and folks look at it an say who da F did that ?
What a knucklehead .
I'll work on your bike for free but pay Blais Cycle to do anything else other than oil changes on Blanca.

Tonight when she's sleeping paint a mustache on her take a pic and put it on her facebook page !

Would have done the ritual spring revitalization to mine, but had other domestic duties to take care of. Glad you got her all taken care of.

it's times like those that you find out who your true friends are! :laugh: glad you got her fixed up and ready to go :beerchug:

It's SO MUCH EASIER to work on someone else's bike than your own :laugh:

Back