Federal agents hunt for guns, one house at a time

"Another tip took agents on a 30-minute drive from the shack to a sprawling home with a pool in the back and an American flag out front.

It turned out two handguns, of a type drug gangsters prefer, were bought by a pastor for target practice.

Some stories, they say, are hard to believe
. "

This is a little scary, sounds like harassing people for their choice of gun

That is all it is, they are looking for the people that have buying guns in-mass and sending them to Mex to help out the cartels.

They aren't looking for me ......................... :whistle:

That is all it is, they are looking for the people that have buying guns in-mass and sending them to Mex to help out the cartels.

your right in the hot bed now arent you....:rofl:

Last edited:

One doesn't look for things which one knows the location of...

:poke:

"Another tip took agents on a 30-minute drive from the shack to a sprawling home with a pool in the back and an American flag out front.

It turned out two handguns, of a type drug gangsters prefer, were bought by a pastor for target practice.

Some stories, they say, are hard to believe
. "

This is a little scary, sounds like harassing people for their choice of gun

To be fair brother Robot, your quote takes the whole article a little out of context. In the spirit of being "fair and balanced" I offer:

The lamest so far came from a police officer: He said he bought a few military-style rifles, left them in his car and — on the same night — forgot to lock a door. He couldn’t explain why he didn’t file a police report or why he visited Mexico the day after the alleged theft.

Seems like they are simply investigating unusual purchases.

To be fair brother Robot, your quote takes the whole article a little out of context. In the spirit of being "fair and balanced" I offer:

The lamest so far came from a police officer: He said he bought a few military-style rifles, left them in his car and — on the same night — forgot to lock a door. He couldn’t explain why he didn’t file a police report or why he visited Mexico the day after the alleged theft.

Seems like they are simply investigating unusual purchases.

I guess that's my whole point, who are they to question a law abiding citizens choice of what they purchase, without reasonable cause, other than we dont like what you bought.

I should clarify, dont bother people at home, ONLY for the sake of their purchase. If their purchased gun was found in Mexico, we now have a very different situation, perhaps justifying investigation.

What I buy is my business, as long as I dont break the law. No one should be questioning me about my preferences.

Obviously guns are getting into Mexico,and I'm sure they did talk to some perps, but this is a scare tactic to say, "we are watching your purchases", thats all good, put it out into a public service announcement, but dont bother people at their homes, because they did a suspicious purchase.

"You purchase what criminals purchase" we are just stopping by and letting you know. This (to me anyway) is harassment.

Anyway, just my 2 cents:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I guess that's my whole point, who are they to question a law abiding citizens choice of what they purchase, without reasonable cause, other than we dont like what they bought.

What I buy is my business, as long as I dont break the law. No one should be questioning me about my preferences.

Anyway, just my 2 cents:thumbsup:

True but many crimes are solved buy chasing leads that are just suspicious. But I tend to agree with you. I think some accountability should be held if your weapon has been found to have been used in a crime but to investigate based upon your legal purchase is overstepping the bounds.

True but many crimes are solved buy chasing leads that are just suspicious. But I tend to agree with you. I think some accountability should be held if your weapon has been found to have been used in a crime but to investigate based upon your legal purchase is overstepping the bounds.

I think we are on the same page, its all cool:beerchug:

I don't mind a respectful inquiry, if they catch just one PoS passing this stuff off to criminals!

Back