fairing help

ScottC

Registered
Attached is the fairing I want to replace. I hate the looks of it sticking out on the sides. I have the 2011 Black and would like to find a fairing that looks better but comes with the same coat of black paint. I don't care if I have to replace the whole back fairing or just that one area but it has to go, I hope there is something out there... Can this be done easily and does anyone know where i CAN BUY A DIFFERENT STYLE? THANKS

2011-hayabusa.png

That is the turn signal pod, it pops out of the tail section but you would have to fill the hole.

You could buy a zx-14 if you hate it so. You have done nothing but trash and question Suzuki in your two posts.
If you didn't like it and thought it boring then why did you buy it?

You could buy a zx-14 if you hate it so. You have done nothing but trash and question Suzuki in your two posts.
If you didn't like it and thought it boring then why did you buy it?

I don't think the Busa is boring, I think Suzuki keeping the Busa the same year after year makes it boring (as in, what is there to look forward to each year, a new paint job?) If the I-phone, Samsung TV'S, BMW cars, and all stayed the same year after year for so long... Boring and dull but these companies know how to get people to buy their products and how to market them. Heck, Even Microsoft updates their XBOX with new and exciting stuff while keeping the XBOX sort of the same (As in, no need for an XBOX 720 right now). Yes, I call it as I see it, Suzuki's stance on their Busa to just dip the bike in new paint and not add things here and there is BORING and DULL! Heck, 2011 to 2012... SO boring the colors are about the freaking same Black and white ish...

And Sir, I hate the tail pipes the BUSA has stocked but I am able to change those out along with mirrors, Fender eliminator, wind screen, and so on... What's wrong with me not liking one part of the firing and wanting to change that out too?

I'm not trolling or hating, just trying to MOD my bike to the way I want it, isn't that part of the fun of owning a bike? I hated the GOLD rims the Blue 08 Busa had, I guess if I was trying to swap those for other rims you would wonder why I wanted the BUSA and not a ZX?

My other post was just wondering if SUzuki made any changes from 08 to 2011, I just find that boring and dull and not Suzuki bashing per say.

SOrry if I came on here looking like a Troll, not what I was trying to do. I just wanted to make changes to my bike and just think Suzuki could be managed better I guess.

I am somewhat loyalist to Suzuki (the two in my house are Suzuki and the next one I really want is a Suzuki), but kind of have to agree with you.

I would think that up until the BMW 1000rr, the busa really had no competition and still maintained a loyal following, so why fix that which is not broken? But to us loyalist, it is kind of 'broken'. So I too hope by 2013 there's going to be change to the busa or we may become a 'dying breed'.

I persoanlly don't like the tail on the GenII which is why I stayed loyal to the GenI, but do believe the easiest answer for you is to do the GenI tail mod. Or the GSXr as it has been done. (I think the GenI looks cleaner). But I have to admit, it kind of changes the flow of the lines of the bike when done.. It'd take a lot of fab work, but I personally would love to see someone do some bodywork to the existing GenII tail and make it look less 'stuck out there' and more 'assy'.. I don't know the words I'm looking for. Because I have to admit, I DO like the front half of the GenII.

Good luck on finding what it is you're looking for to make your Busa yours... And stop talking *ish about the busa... haha.:poke: ikid.

I did not like mine at first either but after riding with a few of the Gen 1 bikes and looking at the rear of them and see just how little the tail lights were on them mine grew on me and now I love it. Just give it some time. Ride behind or with a few Gen 1 & II's and you will see what I am talking about.

I have seen a few with that part removed. I don't really care for the looks of the Gen II tail, but it looks hideous with the light pods off.:hide:

It is most likely that way due to aerodynamics and smoothing that off may cause undue air foiling or other things I can't pronounce :)

I did not like mine at first either but after riding with a few of the Gen 1 bikes and looking at the rear of them and see just how little the tail lights were on them mine grew on me and now I love it. Just give it some time. Ride behind or with a few Gen 1 & II's and you will see what I am talking about.

Most of my busa riding friends ride GenII.. I do like the larger light, but still don't like that tail. I would like a larger light on mine though.

There are a lot of motorcycles that wont make any changes to the engine or suspension for years perfect example the yamaha vmax, same bike from 1985 till 2007 or 2008over 20 years without a change except for paint. Look at many cars, damn the Chevy Caprice kept the body style for many years 10
Motorcycles and Automobiles arent like your Xbox or PC to where they can make changes with electronic components enternally.
Becareful how you word things here, people are sensitive when it comes to there Busas.
Why not take the outter casing of your XBOX and duct tape it to your Hayabusa if you dont care for the body design??

I've seen a black/orange busa with that removed somewhere in here. Hope the owner reads this and shares some info.

Rear Signal Pods. You could probably go with the '07 Black tail ( should be close in color ), Remove the Pods and use an integrated tail light, fill the opening with plastic, or maybe fairing screen material painted black, or go with a big tire kit. We the first sketches of the '08 came out in '07 I wasn't happy. I like it just fine now.

Back