Extended swingarm

black diamond busa

Team Jacob
Registered
OK so I'm looking at extended swingarms. My question is if it says +4 does that mean it goes from stock to +4 or what? Also if I only go +4 do I need a need spring and shock I'm only 150lbs. Thanks for any help

It depends on if it's adjustable style or a block welded in style. Ask seller and he should be able to tell you if it's:

a block added in to move front of slot to start at 4 over

or

if 0-4 over max adjustable

or

adjustment starts at 4 inch over starting point and has 2 Inch slot going out to 6 over total or 4 Inch over adjustment slot going out to 8 over..

I have sold or installed almost all the major brands of arms, if you post picture I can try to help if wanted..

OK thanks goldenchild. Now I have been doing some research and I see people say that +4 hooks well for a street busa but a +6 just spins. Now why would the extra 2' make it spin? I'm just looking for the right number for looks and for it to hook. Thanks for the help

Goldenchild: What's your take on All Things Chrome's wide tire kit?
I had to talk some smack to those cats when I bought some exstentions from them, kit sold as 7-10 and they sent a brake bar that barly went to 7 with the brake all **** eyed, when I called them about it he was like to bad man thats the way we sell them, so i said ok you ever herd of hayabusa.org? WOW! He immediately said dont go there, go measure what you need and I"ll make it right now,so i call em back with the right length and with in two days They sent me a black one and a chrome one. POWER OF THE ORG! ATC getts no more of my bizz

I had to talk some smack to those cats when I bought some exstentions from them, kit sold as 7-10 and they sent a brake bar that barly went to 7 with the brake all **** eyed, when I called them about it he was like to bad man thats the way we sell them, so i said ok you ever herd of hayabusa.org? WOW! He immediately said dont go there, go measure what you need and I"ll make it right now,so i call em back with the right length and with in two days They sent me a black one and a chrome one. POWER OF THE ORG! ATC getts no more of my bizz

Glad you got it worked out man. Sounds like a hassle.

OK thanks goldenchild. Now I have been doing some research and I see people say that +4 hooks well for a street busa but a +6 just spins. Now why would the extra 2' make it spin? I'm just looking for the right number for looks and for it to hook. Thanks for the help

There's a lot of variables in that question. What tire you plan on running, where you plan on making "passes" at, how you plan on setting the suspension....etc. My Gen II at 4.5in over stock would still stand straight up at the track, but usually would stay planted on the street or just spin. At 9.5in over, my bike will carry the front wheel about 4in off the ground and now pretty much only spins on the street

So far I'm pretty hooked to the q2s so I would probably stick with those. It would manly be street but I would like to start dragging because its alot cheaper than roadtrack days. I would probably need a new spring and revalve the stock shock as I'm just looking at doing it as a hobby to stop doing stupid speeds on the street

Back