Exhaust wrap

06BUSA

BlackBird rider, lol
Donating Member
Registered
If I put exhaust wrap on my after market pipe, will I benefit?
It should keep heat transfer from pipe to motor, panels and the radiator when sitting at a light. Have heard of slight HP gains. I know HP gain would be so small not worth mentioning, but any gain is good right.

How do local dude.
I have Micron full race. Dont think its ti.
Got the schorched sleeve it may be ti.

Mine is wrapped, but from what i hear it's not really needed. but i figured WTF i have it torn apart might as well wrap it. If it help, cool, if not no loss.

Not a good idea to wrap them...the exhaust system itself can overheat and be damage
wink.gif

I have heard that when you wrap em you get excessive heat onto the pipes and thus causing the pipes to become brittle

Thank you for info. Think I will be getting a muzzy fan instead.

i am getting ready to install hmf highmounts , and i have ordered a couple of rolls , is this not needed ? hmf s i have heard of melting plastics ?

i have an 05 and i wrapped the stock headers after about two months with it it gets really hot down here in the summer it seems to help at stops when the fans turn on the only thing i noticed is after a wash it steams for a few minutes never have had the temp needle over the half mark

it was recomended to me that i wrap the headers all the way to the x pipe , fromnj and street n track , i am goin to wrap it i realy do not need any melted plastics !

In addition to overheating the pipes, I've been told that the wrap also traps moisture and that's not a good idea either.

Back