Exhaust question

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
I took the stock cans of the bike last night to see how it sounded, and it sounded great, but was a little louder than I would want to leave it. I have already drilled the stock cans, 9 holes in each, and it sounds pretty good but still not exactly what I am looking for. With the cans off it has that quick rev deep sound that I like but just to loud. My question is how does the D&D bolt on cans sound compaired to the open pipes? Half as loud, as loud or what. I dont think the Yosh is much louder than the stock drilled cans, but I could be wrong, because I havent got to do a side by side compairesom. I really like the looks of the TSUKIGI Racing bolt ons that GPW has but have not heard them either for a comparo. Can anyone that has heard one of these two exhaust give me some feedback. I hope to be able to get one of the 2 sometime this spring or summer, just depending on how tight the money is at that time. It sux being poor. Anyway, thanks in advance for your comments.

Tim
smile.gif

cant help you on that, but can bump you back up, maybe one of the pros will kick in with the answer.

I had the D&D's and now have the cut mids . The D&D's ....I would say ....are 50% of the sound a mid-pipe will make .....and after a few thousand miles the D&D's would be more like 70% of the mid-pipe sound . Hope that helps !
wink.gif

Pic .....

Beaufort_2006_070.jpg

Sounds like you need a Muzzy exhaust. I have the yosh r22 bling pipes, they are perfect for me.

My dad has the D&D slip-ons on his busa and they sound great. They are not as loud as the open midpipes but almost. The pipes sound healthy throughout the rmp range and definately let others know you're coming down the road!
beerchug.gif

63301986780249875319.jpg

One of our members just got the Tsukigi bolt ons maybe he will do a sound clip for you...

Thanks for all the comments, especially Warputer and Hayabusa99b/w,and GPW. GPW, I am not looking for loud, just a good deep sound. I really like the look of the Tsukigi exhaust that you posted a few weeks back, they look really awesome, and I would have jumped on the deal you had but right now money is just to tight. I hope to be able to buy something this spring but just trying to figure out what I want right now. My bike is just stock, so its not making any more power, power = money, which I do not have much of, my 2 teenaged girls are quite expensive, but worth the sacrifice. Anyway just wondering how they sound compaired to other exhaust.

Thanks for everyone that has give me some info.

Tim
smile.gif

In my opinion the best sounding slipons are two brothers, yosh & tsukigi and I have heard alot of different slipons on the busa.

(Sithor @ Jan. 13 2007,16:45) What would be the loudest twin exhaust you can put on a Busa?
Dayum, I hope you're not trying to pick up chicks w/ that avatar.
crazy.gif

Reminds me of Rev's old avatar before Mars the Martian.

Back