R77 slip-ons and Vance Hines header question

E Zurcher

Registered
I put my new R77 carbons on last week and was a bit surprised at how loud they actually were compared to stock. Tried the included silencer tubes and think it's too quiet with them in and actually not much louder than stock. I really love the sound of this exhaust without them but am a bit concerned in town with the cops. I will trust that the very loud Harleys and chopper exhausts make mine sound pretty tame.

So my question is, when I get around to the Vance Hines header next Summer, how much louder will the exhaust be without the Cat?

I'm running r77s with V&H header and they are louder with the new header but, not that much of a difference IMHO!!!!! I removed the inserts a few days ago and I love the deep sound they make!!!!

Also running the V&H headers with R-77 CF s/o (NO silencer inserts) and personally, they were just a bit "louder" vs. factory headers. I am actually hoping the pipes get louder as the packing gets "older"

I forgot to mention a tip that Russell pointed out: double check that the oil cooler lines are NOT touching/rubbing the header pipes. FWIW, I did NOT want to bend the lines so I wrapped it with hi-temp/fireproof sleeves (also a tip by another member whose name I cannot remember at the moment).

I have to agree with previous posts. It's not too much louder with the V&H than is was with the stock manifold and cat. I was actually surprised at how little it changed. I was also surprised how similar the system sounds to the full Yosi single sided exhaust/R77 that Earlybird and Fallenarch are running (when I rode with them, I was still running the factory manfold/cat). You won't be disappointed and shouldn't be concerned about additional noise...it's all music to me. :thumbsup:

Back